• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I don't know about you but with the new CGC changes on May 1st...

187 posts in this topic

I can understand a price increase. But a 100% increase?? That is one hell of a whopping increase. It will have more than a few people second guessing whether to submit a book or not. I would think they get the most submissions from the older book's... But I don't submit book's at all. So this price increase wont do me one bit of harm....

Its really not.

If you were submitting books from 75 to 79, instead of subbing them in the Economy tier, sub them through the Value tier. It's an eight dollar increase instead of double what it was.

(thumbs u

:gossip: knowing a dealer who will give you a better discount helps.

+1 :whistle:

X-Men 116 isn't a modern book, though - so why it should be graded under the Modern tier?

Huh?

So CGC has changed this to 1991 and forward now? That's Modern, and you need to cut out all of the 1980's books to qualify under accepted standards.

Uncanny X-Men 116.

Huh?

So has CGC changed the new tier to begin at 1991, the accepted start of the MODERN age?

No, what I'm saying is that CGC has adjusted their Modern tier to be more in line with what is commonly known as Modern books.

Then I'd say you're dead wrong, as I don't know anyone who believes that 1980 was the start of the Modern Age.

Something just hit me. Didn't comics become modern-sized in 1975? I am thinking it was about mid-way in the run of 25 centers, Spring or Summer of '75. I remember bagging and boarding comics for the first time in 84 or 85 and finding out that some 25 centers fit in modern bags and some don't.

Is there a possibility that the tiers were originally that way because effectively every book from 1975 forward could fit into a "modern" well and the ones from before had to go in Silver sized?

X-Men 116 isn't a modern book, though - so why it should be graded under the Modern tier?

Huh?

So CGC has changed this to 1991 and forward now? That's Modern, and you need to cut out all of the 1980's books to qualify under accepted standards.

Uncanny X-Men 116.

Huh?

So has CGC changed the new tier to begin at 1991, the accepted start of the MODERN age?

No, what I'm saying is that CGC has adjusted their Modern tier to be more in line with what is commonly known as Modern books.

Then I'd say you're dead wrong, as I don't know anyone who believes that 1980 was the start of the Modern Age.

:frustrated:

I'm not saying that CGC has now limited their Modern tier to Modern (1991-) only books - I'm saying that they have adjusted their Modern tier to be MORE IN LINE with what we consider Modern books. It's really not that hard to understand, jc.

Huh?

Uncanny X-Men 116.

Huh?

I'm not saying that CGC has now limited their Modern tier to Modern (1991-) only books - I'm saying that they have adjusted their Modern tier to be MORE IN LINE with what we consider Modern books. It's really not that hard to understand, jc.

He's baiting you.

I've got a huge box I'm sending as well. Will still hold a few back for modern grading on site as well though.
Unless they change the rules, these books won't be moderns anymore and won't be eligible for on-site grading.

I'm currently digging thru all my comics in the 1975-1979 range to determine what to send in before the May 1st deadline. I'm sure the turnaround time will be longer to get the books back but not sure how much longer. Cost is the factor here.

I really don't want to wait until May 1st because the only cheaper option is to do the "Value" tier with that minimum of 30 books.

Nice long weekend digging thru books for me...

Something just hit me. Didn't comics become modern-sized in 1975? I am thinking it was about mid-way in the run of 25 centers, Spring or Summer of '75. I remember bagging and boarding comics for the first time in 84 or 85 and finding out that some 25 centers fit in modern bags and some don't.

Is there a possibility that the tiers were originally that way because effectively every book from 1975 forward could fit into a "modern" well and the ones from before had to go in Silver sized?

^^

Huh?

Uncanny X-Men 116.

Huh?

He's baiting you.

Oh ... I thought he was just "special" doh!

I'm not saying that CGC has now limited their Modern tier to Modern (1991-) only books - I'm saying that they have adjusted their Modern tier to be MORE IN LINE with what we consider Modern books.

:roflmao::roflmao:

Now that's some funny spin-doctoring sheit. 1980 is "more in line" with what we consider Modern books. What's 1981? Really in line? 1982? Extremely in line?

lol

No, it was commonly known as the Hulk 181 Rule, as Hulk 180-182 came out between Oct and Dec of 1974, and are three of the most-submitted and most lucrative BA books of all.

No, it was commonly known as the Hulk 181 Rule, as Hulk 180-182 came out between Oct and Dec of 1974, and are three of the most-submitted and most lucrative BA books of all.

I agree that has been the party line. But the size change seems more logical than Hulk 181. If you are playing the most submitted and most lucrative game, why not go to 1976 and pick up GS XM 1 and XM 94?