• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
29 29

23,163 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2024 at 1:12 AM, Primetime said:

More nostalgia…shown are current copies of my first three Timelys I picked up after getting the photo journals in 1994 - Torch 8 was first (1995), then the All Select 3 from @Superworld (1996) and the Marvel Mystery 15 (1996) from @metropoliscomics

Please excuse the stack of pulps 😆 

IMG_7421.jpeg

"I want to go to there!!!" said every kid who was ever made to stand in the corner!!!  :headbang:

On 6/28/2024 at 11:12 PM, Primetime said:

More nostalgia…shown are current copies of my first three Timelys I picked up after getting the photo journals in 1994 - Torch 8 was first (1995), then the All Select 3 from @Superworld (1996) and the Marvel Mystery 15 (1996) from @metropoliscomics

Please excuse the stack of pulps 😆 

IMG_7421.jpeg

I'll take some pulp in my OJ pls 😄

Today I rediscovered a few Timely reprints. First up, is THIS beauty from 2004! It reprints the EPIC Subby & Torch battle stories from Marvel Mystery 8-10 (ok, that's only 1 page from issue ten, but still!!!)!!! It also reprints all 3 original covers!!! While the reproductions and colors aren't PERFECT, it's still VERY cool to read this battle story in one regular sized COMIC BOOK, rather than a bulky Masterwork! Also, this has a cover price of $4.99 and can usually be found for that price, sometimes less. Certainly worth having if you're a Timely fan! 

Marvel Mystery 9 2004 front.jpg

Here's a cool comic from 1995 that reprints the Golden Age Cap story from All Winners #1, has an article discussing Timely Comics and features the covers of Daring Comics #6, Captain America #37 and All Winners #1! This issue also features a rare interview with Joe Simon in which he displays his Cap 1-10 issues and shows his process of how he illustrates his cover recreations! Very cool comic to thumb thru and should only set ya back a couple of bucks! 

Captain America collector's preview front.jpg

On 7/2/2024 at 11:46 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Here's a cool comic from 1995 that reprints the Golden Age Cap story from All Winners #1, has an article discussing Timely Comics and features the covers of Daring Comics #6, Captain America #37 and All Winners #1! This issue also features a rare interview with Joe Simon in which he displays his Cap 1-10 issues and shows his process of how he illustrates his cover recreations! Very cool comic to thumb thru and should only set ya back a couple of bucks! 

Did the Simon Cap 1-10 ever come to market?hm

On 7/3/2024 at 4:47 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Interestingly enough, I think those auctions just ended a few weeks ago!  :headbang:

Where?