• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,099 posts in this topic

Only one more post to hit 1000, I truely am a comic geek, not that there is anything wrong with that!

Hey paul....I want to help get your 1,000 post, so please answer this question......

what rate would a 1st time homebuyer get right now who has a 580 credit score, 55% DTI, and $4,000 cash to work with for down payment and closing costs?

Steve

Only one more post to hit 1000, I truely am a comic geek, not that there is anything wrong with that!

Hey paul....I want to help get your 1,000 post, so please answer this question......

what rate would a 1st time homebuyer get right now who has a 580 credit score, 55% DTI, and $4,000 cash to work with for down payment and closing costs?

Steve

the fastest "rate" at which you could walk them to the front door and tell them to have a nice day!

One Timely before I head out to San Diego...

allwinners2.jpg

I hate this cover (Sub-Mariner looks STUPID), but the interiors are pretty awesome. Unfortunately, it is encapsulated so no one will ever be able to see them.

allwinners2.jpg

I hate this cover (Sub-Mariner looks STUPID), but the interiors are pretty awesome. Unfortunately, it is encapsulated so no one will ever be able to see them.

:o

Steve

Well I can't say for sure with out more background. If a vetern, good chance of mid six's, possible same if they were to qualify for a FHA program. Other then those two options, they would most likely be F'd, unless one of my lenders DU engine was turned way down and somehow got an approve eligable. Then it would probably be at a higher level i.e. 1,2, or 3 and rate would adjust accordingly.

But most likely they would be Shiss out of luck at 100% purchase! Now a year ago, lots oh options! Heh heh! I assume you would concure.

allwinners2.jpg

Well, I like stupid looking books, and I would be more than happy to take it off your grubby hands :baiting:

Nice book!

Hahaha. Nice Rich!! :golfclap:

It looks as though Matt Nelson or someone pressed the living hell out of that book. I mean like 4 or 5 times. (shrug) But Hey I would too,,,

I am not sure where you got the expertise to tell if a book has been pressed 4 or 5 times just from a front cover scan, but that is one heck of a gift Mr. Geller. Can you bend *spoons* with your mind power as well?

BTW, while I have had books pressed on many occasions, this particular book is not one of them. But thanks for playing, and better luck next time. My beautiful assistant will now get you your consolation prize. Have a nice day!

Hahaha. Nice Rich!! :golfclap:

It looks as though Matt Nelson or someone pressed the living hell out of that book. I mean like 4 or 5 times. (shrug) But Hey I would too,,,

I am not sure where you got the expertise to tell if a book has been pressed 4 or 5 times just from a front cover scan, but that is one heck of a gift Mr. Geller. Can you bend *spoons* with your mind power as well?

BTW, while I have had books pressed on many occasions, this particular book is not one of them. But thanks for playing, and better luck next time. My beautiful assistant will now get you your consolation prize. Have a nice day!

Consolation prizes? No one said there was going to be consolation prizes!

BTW nice book but could you find something in a little higher grade? :baiting:

allwinners2.jpg

You are right Richard, it is stupid looking, but not nearly as stupid looking as All-Winners #3 or #4!

But, if you gotta have one, yours is the one to have!! :golfclap:

allwinners2.jpg

You are right Richard, it is stupid looking, but not nearly as stupid looking as All-Winners #3 or #4!

Bill,

I might agree with you on #3 (a little bit) but #4...

allwinners4.jpg

...is one of the all-time classic Timely covers!

Bill,

allwinners4.jpg

The words Timely and Classic Covers go hand in hand to be sure. I agree with you wholeheartedly on that.

But I have never understood the appeal of these three All-Winners books. Cap looks like he is taking a dump, and Subby looks like it dropped on his foot and he just got the first pungent whiff of it.

The War image in the foreground is GREAT! But the main two characters look awful. Same is true for 2 and 3.

But, like I said, if you gotta have these copies in your collection, yours are incredible!!

Bill,

allwinners4.jpg

The words Timely and Classic Covers go hand in hand to be sure. I agree with you wholeheartedly on that.

But I have never understood the appeal of these three All-Winners books. Cap looks like he is taking a dump, and Subby looks like it dropped on his foot and he just got the first pungent whiff of it.

The War image in the foreground is GREAT! But the main two characters look awful. Same is true for 2 and 3.

But, like I said, if you gotta have these copies in your collection, yours are incredible!!

Isn't it unfortunate that Rembrandt was way past his prime at the time that comics were first being published?

Isn't it unfortunate that Rembrandt was way past his prime at the time that comics were first being published?

Perhaps, but I don't his style was suited for comics anyway. :tonofbricks:

Call me wierd but I actually like these early Avision Covers in All Winners. Don't know why, but they actually are some of my favorite, but it seems like I say that about most of the Timely covers...mmm..I am so biased. By the way Richard, when did you pick up #4? I thought you had been looking for a copy, if so looks like you did. Wow, great job, and yes in my opinion its a Classic Cover!

Anytime I see a Timely or Nedor cover not done by Schomburg, I think "man, Schomburg could have done that SO much better".

With the exception of Cap #3, when I think "man, Kirby could have done that SO much better". :shy: Can't believe we didn't get a Kirby Red Skull cover. :(