• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,099 posts in this topic

Just got this from a little old lady who only drove it on Sundays.

marvel1.jpg

Hopefully now I will be accepted as a full fledged member of the Timely Geek Club.

The more I see this book, especially a very nice copy like your new Parker pedigree, the more I think I will need to get one someday soon. It really is a spectacular issue, love the deep rich blue, contrasted by the firey colors of red and yellow. Its a classic book....(need a green with envy greamlin), very happy for you both, nice trade and sweet to see it so close.

Paul

Feeling like sharing the love tonight, although might break Surfers heart for parting with it.

HumanTorch12.jpg

Hey I bet you thought you overpaid for it at first. poke2.gif You know that was a nice copy, too bad I couldn't remove the CT without taking pieces oof the book. Hey I think that book was made with only one staple, surpised they didn't note that on the label.

I think I might have for a instant, but the moment I pulled it from the box you shipped it in, I lost any thought of that. I am growing a larger appriciation for resoration on many of these books. I think I will allow a few more into the collection as it will certainly decrease the completion time and increase the propablity of completion of my Timely runs. I thank you for the deal, very happy with the book. I do feel at this point it was a DEAL!

Paul

marvel1.jpg

Hopefully now I will be accepted as a full fledged member of the Timely Geek Club.

Just an outstanding book and copy Richard. The colors look amazing. Congratulations!!! What I wouldn't give for one...

marvel1.jpg

The more I see this book, especially a very nice copy like your new Parker pedigree, the more I think I will need to get one someday soon. It really is a spectacular issue, love the deep rich blue, contrasted by the firey colors of red and yellow. Its a classic book....(need a green with envy greamlin), very happy for you both, nice trade and sweet to see it so close.

Paul

here's the new parker copy--it ain't no pedigree. but it has great register and color, and i'm happy with it. thanks Ricky.

marvel1afterf.jpg

Hey Richard I think someone suggested you traded some books to acquire this? Just curious which one's?

Peter,

I had to buy Parker the Marvel 1 he just posted, plus trade him the Pay Copy of Silver Streak #1 (posted in the Pay Copy thread) plus throw in a couple of pretty big checks (which I won't post, cause one of you knuckleheads would probably use it to clean out what little is left in my account). All-in-all I got hosed. That good-for-nothing really took advantage. And I am sure he feels the same way.

So it was a fair deal for both!

marvel1.jpg

Paul

here's the new parker copy--it ain't no pedigree. but it has great register and color, and i'm happy with it. thanks Ricky.

marvel1afterf.jpg

Looks great Billy!! You should be proud of it! hail.gif

marvel1.jpg

Paul

marvel1afterf.jpg

whilst ciorac was my first "hero", you 2 (parker and beddy) are also my heroes!

love it when a plan comes together!

gator

Wish I got hosed on deals like that! hail.gif

I think they had to sleep with each other too (I was told the deal was "put to bed")...now there is some "hosing" to think about!

gator

marvel1.jpg

Paul

marvel1afterf.jpg

Looks great Billy!! You should be proud of it! hail.gif

i am pons, just not as proud as i used to be! but i LOVE the ss pay copy, and that's assuaging alot of the post-partum depression.

I think they had to sleep with each other too (I was told the deal was "put to bed")...now there is some "hosing" to think about!

gator

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

Today, I picked up my first Timely funny book. They're still affordable. gossip.gif

1880956-krazykomics11.jpg

And a lot of fun to read! 893applaud-thumb.gif

gator

Tell me about it, bring on the hosing!

So if Richard is sleeping with Parker, who's Ciorac sleeping with? I thought he was Richard's "Daddy" if you know what I mean......

So that only leaves one question??? Who do I gotta sleep with to get me one of those, I would take either one. 27_laughing.gif

I'd better clarify that last sentance....I'd take either MC 1 copy, not that it would matter who I had to sleep with to get it. grin.gif

gator

Tell me about it, bring on the hosing!

So if Richard is sleeping with Parker, who's Ciorac sleeping with? I thought he was Richard's "Daddy" if you know what I mean......

So that only leaves one question??? Who do I gotta sleep with to get me one of those, I would take either one. 27_laughing.gif

I'd better clarify that last sentance....I'd take either MC 1 copy, not that it would matter who I had to sleep with to get it. grin.gif

well, I am not one to "gossip", but I happen to know Ciorac spent a lovely weekend holed up in a hotel room in MD with one of florida's least eligible individuals, but I'll never tell who! of course, I heard that only a VG copy of Sensation 100 was coming out of the deal, so might be a barometer of some sort...

gator

Today, I picked up my first Timely funny book. They're still affordable. gossip.gif

1880956-krazykomics11.jpg

DM..

nice pick up...once (if) I ever finish DC's funny stuff run, my boy and I are eyeing KK from timely (have to have marvel's funny animal book run equivalent)

gator