• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

ca82407b.jpg

a few from this month's "haul"...between SD, Chicago and some friends, I am happy to have had a chance to pick these up!

gator

That's a beautiful group of red & yellow books,way to go gator!! :headbang: When you knock out the rest of the run,you'll have to rent Billy Parkers library loft for a full run group shot.

as long as i take the pix; no way i let the guy near the first editions up there.

ca82407b.jpg

a few from this month's "haul"...between SD, Chicago and some friends (143ksk, xavier logan to name a couple), I am happy to have had a chance to pick these up!

and, they are all in my sweet spot...vg to fine range...

gator

gator

That's pretty impressive Rick :applause:

I already posted this in the Gerber 7 - and - higher thread.

I have to admit I haven't looked at all 332 pages of this Timely thread yet, so there is probably a better example of this book already up, but just in case....

MarvelMystery9.jpg

Forget the Larson,Chicago,and even the Church copy.I absolutely adore this well loved copy.Thanks so much for sharing.Any chance you have any other books from this collection?

You just like it 'cause it's the "Russell" copy :baiting:

Forget the Larson,Chicago,and even the Church copy.I absolutely adore this well loved copy.Thanks so much for sharing.Any chance you have any other books from this collection?

I'm afraid I don't, but maybe someone else out there has another from Beverly Jean to Russell. I would say Russell was a lucky guy and Beverly Jean was a true keeper! I hope they ended up together.

I already posted this in the Gerber 7 - and - higher thread.

I have to admit I haven't looked at all 332 pages of this Timely thread yet, so there is probably a better example of this book already up, but just in case....

MarvelMystery9.jpg

You just like it 'cause it's the "Russell" copy :baiting:

Exactly.Just imagine if there were a Pep 22 with a nice cursive Steve an the front cover!!

ca82407b.jpg

a few from this month's "haul"...between SD, Chicago and some friends (143ksk, xavier logan to name a couple), I am happy to have had a chance to pick these up!

gator

gator

A single month? That's sick. Amazing, but sick. :sorry:

yeah, I seriously started collecting Caps last month before SD (I had picked up a couple before them from some friends)...I think there are 6 or so at CGC now that I bought in SD and Chicago (I like to buy them raw, and read them, then send to CGC for resto check/slabbing)....I still need 27 issues, but have managed to find 48 of them (I am only collecting 1-75) that were in my desired range (again, I love vg to fine books, but will occasionally buy higher or lower as the "mood" strikes me)...I could complete the run with high grade, but that is some serious dinero, and that restricts my purchases...I just love the books, and I like to be able to "handle" them, so I rather spend , say $X on 4 vg books, than $x on 1 high grade (no offense Bedrock!)...

just floats my boat!

thanks friends, for the kind words...half the fun is the hunt, half the fun is the books, and the last half is sharing them with your peers and friends!

gator

No offense taken. (thumbs u

ca82407b.jpg

gator

gator

:o

ca82407b.jpg

gator

gator

G-Money, yeah thats right not Gator, not Rickie, not Tec Kid, from now on you are G-Money. I have made jokes about you finishing Cap before me, Hell I only have 54, but I am doing the whole run inclusive of the Romita books, but this is incredible, insane, amazing, astonishing, flat out.....ok I am jealous you will finish before me. Acck! Zabit! Dorf!

Two last things

1) you make me sick

2) I love your books

The Schomster!

ca82407b.jpg

gator

gator

Well done again Mr. Gator!!!!

(worship)(worship) (thumbs u

That's a beautiful group of red & yellow books,way to go gator!! :headbang: When you knock out the rest of the run,you'll have to rent Billy Parkers library loft for a full run group shot.

as long as i take the pix; no way i let the guy near the first editions up there.

:P

G-Money, yeah thats right not Gator, not Rickie, not Tec Kid, from now on you are G-Money. I have made jokes about you finishing Cap before me, Hell I only have 54, but I am doing the whole run inclusive of the Romita books, but this is incredible, insane, amazing, astonishing, flat out.....ok I am jealous you will finish before me. Acck! Zabit! Dorf!

Two last things

1) you make me sick

2) I love your books

The Schomster!

I can only respond one way...YOU GOTS DA CAP 1!!!!

(thumbs u

gator

ca82407b.jpg

gator

gator

A single month? That's sick. Amazing, but sick. :sorry:

yeah, I seriously started collecting Caps last month before SD (I had picked up a couple before them from some friends)...I think there are 6 or so at CGC now that I bought in SD and Chicago (I like to buy them raw, and read them, then send to CGC for resto check/slabbing)....I still need 27 issues, but have managed to find 48 of them (I am only collecting 1-75) that were in my desired range (again, I love vg to fine books, but will occasionally buy higher or lower as the "mood" strikes me)...I could complete the run with high grade, but that is some serious dinero, and that restricts my purchases...I just love the books, and I like to be able to "handle" them, so I rather spend , say $X on 4 vg books, than $x on 1 high grade (no offense Bedrock!)...

just floats my boat!

thanks friends, for the kind words...half the fun is the hunt, half the fun is the books, and the last half is sharing them with your peers and friends!

gator

Congrats as that's really impressive and really saying something that you could put 48 Caps together in about a month's time. (thumbs u

A high demand title, but also at the same time, a high supply title relative to some of the other GA runs. I guess it goes to show that if you really put your mind and money to it, you indeed can pick up most any DC or Timely GA books in a short period of time. Of course, to buy them in grade would be a completely different story.

Any thoughts to moving onto a more challenging run such as some of the Centaurs or early Fox books after you have completed the Caps?

Congrats again on some amazing pickups in such a short period of time. :applause:

Congrats as that's really impressive and really saying something that you could put 48 Caps together in about a month's time. (thumbs u

A high demand title, but also at the same time, a high supply title relative to some of the other GA runs. I guess it goes to show that if you really put your mind and money to it, you indeed can pick up most any DC or Timely GA books in a short period of time. Of course, to buy them in grade would be a completely different story.

Any thoughts to moving onto a more challenging run such as some of the Centaurs or early Fox books after you have completed the Caps?

Congrats again on some amazing pickups in such a short period of time. :applause:

hey LF..

thanks...as a matter of fact, I am almost done with my Amazing Man run and my Keen Detective Funny run and I have already started on my Funny Pages run...love those Centaurs!...though, you are absolutely correct, they are considerably more of a challenge than DC or Timely...and, me being a vg/fn kind of guy, I do have more to pick from that if I was high grade motivated (which, I am not, thank goodness!)

just love dem funny books!

gator

hey LF..

thanks...as a matter of fact, I am almost done with my Amazing Man run and my Keen Detective Funny run and I have already started on my Funny Pages run...love those Centaurs!...though, you are absolutely correct, they are considerably more of a challenge than DC or Timely...and, me being a vg/fn kind of guy, I do have more to pick from that if I was high grade motivated (which, I am not, thank goodness!)

just love dem funny books!

gator

That's right........I had forgotten about your Centaur runs. doh!

Was it you or Win that beat me out on the Funny Pages #9 in the last Heritage auction? (tsk)

Anyways, when you turn your sights onto the AMF run and you find some of the HG copies (at a resonable price) out of your collecting grade range, be sure to let me know. lol

Any plans to go Fox hunting in the near future?