• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

As to the Hardest issues of Cap to find???

Here are my choices.

4-tough, doesn't come up for sale much(Schomburg cover)

16-can be found, but you will pay big

20- never see hardly at all, and rarely in grade

22-just don't see it much for sale

24-is another fairly tough book to find

26-is around, but highly competitive market for that cover same with the next issue

29-try finding one for sale in VG or better, doesn't come up for sale much

32-Paratrooper cover, rarely seen for sale 1 or twice a year if lucky

37-39 are tough, but money will get you one

46- Gonna be hard to find, gonna cost you plenty

47-tough above 6.0

61-Presumption its tough to find, but I seam to always find one for sale...at premium, but still available

70-take it when ever you find it and upgrade later maybe the toughest to find.

74-not as scarce as Gerber and guide would leave to believe, but still tough

75-actually is collected by pre-code horror guys, and you don't see it above 5.0 much

76-78-not to bad to find at double guide in GD or worse, but solid VG or better...get out of here, the toughest Atlas books you can't find in grade.

Well there is my Market report for Cap, all the above is based upon unrestored books

timing is really the key...there have been 8 copies of issue #70 available in the past few months...61 is easy, just pricey (at least 5 copies available right now)...my 29 (that I am selling) is only a 2.5, my 20 is a 3.5 with SP...I have actually had the good forturne to find and buy 3 copies of 46, but price is rediculous on them...I bought the only 16 I have ever seen for sale (though I have stopped looking, so not sure about now)

36 is rarely ever offered for sale...I have 2 copies of 37, but both are low grade....

largely, I agree with what everyone has said lol

The later issues 70-78 are very hard to find in high grade, especially anything over an 8.5.

is this one hard?

cap77.jpg

Well Mr. Parker, I cant speak for everyone, but yeah your book makes me hard!

(you love to show that thing off, don't you???)

funny-book exhibitionism is a terrible thing, and the boards have served to exponentially inflame it. i fear growing up is out of the question for me.

The later issues 70-78 are very hard to find in high grade, especially anything over an 8.5.

is this one hard?

cap77.jpg

Well Mr. Parker, I cant speak for everyone, but yeah your book makes me hard!

(you love to show that thing off, don't you???)

funny-book exhibitionism is a terrible thing, and the boards have served to exponentially inflame it. i fear growing up is out of the question for me.

why grow up if we don't have too!

this one actually completed the Cap run (just in the nick of time too!)

cap1-1.jpg

I see you pussed out on the KC copy :baiting:

Nice Rick....very nice!

you bet I did...saved myself $137,500 too :banana:

Billy you know I love that copy and at a glance it looks better than a 7.0 and you shoud get a full grade bump just for the cover gloss. Would be fun to see that on heritage and watch the final price on it, you would make out like a bandit.

Rick perfect low grade Cap #1, not something you see very often. I find that they are usually is poor condition, restored or in mid to high grade only. You should have went after the KC copy. :baiting:

Billy you know I love that copy and at a glance it looks better than a 7.0 and you shoud get a full grade bump just for the cover gloss. Would be fun to see that on heritage and watch the final price on it, you would make out like a bandit.

Rick perfect low grade Cap #1, not something you see very often. I find that they are usually is poor condition, restored or in mid to high grade only. You should have went after the KC copy. :baiting:

3.5 is a low grade? I never knew.... :sorry:

I thought high grade on a big key was 4.0 - 6.0.... (shrug)

3.5 is a low grade? I never knew.... :sorry:

I thought high grade on a big key was 4.0 - 6.0.... (shrug)

they are making fun of my funny book :cry:

cap1-1.jpg

Sweet book (worship)
:acclaim:

:bump:

I think you did just fine!!!! That book looks very nice for a 3.5, plus all the money you saved (on purchasing the KC copy) could be used to pick up some nice Centaurs (actually a LOT of Centaurs)!!!! :applause:

cap1-1.jpg

Sweet book (worship)
:acclaim:

:bump:

I think you did just fine!!!! That book looks very nice for a 3.5, plus all the money you saved (on purchasing the KC copy) could be used to pick up some nice Centaurs (actually a LOT of Centaurs)!!!! :applause:

(thumbs u

Great Cap Gator!

I've blown my brains out lately on a number of auctions (Bill Hughes, Clink and Heritage) and through some purchases from Board members.

Here's the first one to arrive. Thanks to Grimstar and Blazing Bob for his help.

mm10cgc70.jpg

Great Cap Gator!

I've blown my brains out lately on a number of auctions (Bill Hughes, Clink and Heritage) and through some purchases from Board members.

Here's the first one to arrive. Thanks to Grimstar and Blazing Bob for his help.

mm10cgc70.jpg

most excellent book

Congrats Vern! At this rate we can put the Larson Marvel run together on the boards. You have #10, I have #11, and Billy has #12.