• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,095 posts in this topic

Thanks to comicnut for sending this MMC 4 to me. Of course, I had been saving for a hdtv ... :insane:

MMC_4-f.jpg

Congrats! Its a beauty! :cloud9:

I have over a hundred changes on my cable package and there's never anything worth watching.

Thanks to comicnut for sending this MMC 4 to me. Of course, I had been saving for a hdtv ... :insane:

MMC_4-f.jpg

Nice. Chris said that book had really nice interior pages too! I was going to bid on that a while when it was on Ebay.

R.

This is kind of anti climatic compared to most stuff here but I finally got a copy albeit restored...slight P,spine reinforcement and slight color touch.It's de-slabbed and cool as all get-out on the inside.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

scan0008.jpg

This is kind of anti climatic compared to most stuff here but I finally got a copy albeit restored...slight P,spine reinforcement and slight color touch.It's de-slabbed and cool as all get-out on the inside.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

scan0008.jpg

(thumbs u Nice book! I really like this cover.

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: ahhhhh....little green men.... :cloud9:

This arrived today and am very happy with it...thanks to KoR for a nice book!

:cloud9:

img1796ls5.jpg

Need more Timelys....must, must try and refrain....agh!!!!...help! :grin:

one of the best MMC covers out there

A nice "care package" from Metro arrived today (thanks for the great service, and sending books on approval)...

I have ALWAYS wanted these two books, and couldn't be happier with their condition (#6 is a 5.5, w/ nice pages, and the #5 is CGC 8.0, w/ cream pages ... but nice cream pages I might add, and stunning gloss).

I think I have to switch over to 1960's ARCHIEs for about a year, to let my VISA cool down!!

I feel myself slipping back into the TIMELY mode... very dangerous...

but for now, :banana:

daring56.jpg

for Point Five, here's the Hanks splash and a wacko panel (the story is one of the ones where he didn't draw it drunk on the subway while he was on his way to hand it in, apparently):

daring5CARTERsplash.jpg

daring5CARTERpanel.jpg

and lastly, this is why I love TIMELY's (from DARING #6, Firey Mask):

daring5fireymask.jpg

All in all, 128 pages of golden age goodness!!

Thanks Dark Knight!

I agree, the whole run is worth having (which is the eventual goal).

:news: Just got confirmation, after closely inspecting some of the marking in the DARING #6, that it is the Cosmic Aeroplane copy. :applause:

You manage to have the best interior pics Ryan :grin:

Well, I don't know if I can compare to Bangzoom's shots, but thanks Primetime!

For me, the love is about the whole book, and the interior art and stories are a HUGE deciding factor in buying any given book. Cover plays a huge part, but the interior artist line up will clinch it for me.

I like posting my favorite panels from a new book... its so fun to actually get to own these books, after a lifetime of reading about them in many many books on comics.