• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
29 29

23,175 posts in this topic

oops; and Joker 1 as well. so, to summarize, the 'big, fat' timely # 1's are:

MC 1

Daring 1

Mystic 1

Cap 1

Red Raven 1

H.T. 1

Subby 1

All Winners 1

All Select 1

Kid 1

USA 1

Young Allies 1

Miss Fury 1

Tough Kid 1

Joker 1

Krazy 1

P. Pepper 1 and

Terry Toons 1.

i think that's complete. please correct me if i'm wrong on inclusion of any of these, or any omission you're aware of.

looks like a 2009 project for me hm

Rick did you ever scratch that "itch" you mentioned in that other thread and buy something?
nope, but I do have an itch (just don't have the "scratch" to take care of it lol )

In Praise of Human Torch #1

Back in the old days, I had a run of Torch 2-10 but never obtained the first issue.

As time marched on, I saw more and more of these, and feeling the book was overpriced, never picked one up.

Until the last Heritage Signature Auction:

Torch1.jpg

I specifically targeted this book because it had a very "Larson-like" appearance - foxing and white-to-off-white pages.

Is this book loaded or what? Start with a Schomburg cover, Burgos, Everett, Simon, Gabriele, Reinman, and DeLay art, 1st Toro, last Falcon, Torch and Subby origin in text...Wow.

One very strange thing however, this book (CGC 6.5, Purple) is a full 1/4 inch shorter (vertical length - width is fine) than all my other Timelys. (shrug)

I've seen some weird GA anomalies over the years, with single issues being larger, smaller, manufactured with an extra staple, etc., but was unware of Torch 1 being a "dwarf"...anyone else have experience with this?

In any event.... :banana:

Very well done Steve! (worship)

I absolutely love Torch 1, and your copy is very nice. The Subby story inside is awesome.

Subby 1 is an equally cool book.

I hope to acquire one of each this year. :wishluck:

One of the wonderful things about these boards for me is that certain collectors have offered to sell special books from their collections to me because they know how much I have wanted them and how much I will appreciate them. Sometimes it is hard to let something go, but it becomes a little easier when you know the person who is buying the book will cherish it for many many years. Thanks to Airwalker, I now have one of the top items on my want list and have completed my WW2 run of Terry-Toons. Some of you know I have been looking for a copy of this for a long time, and got sniped at the last second during a c-link auction a couple months ago. Thanks again Airwalker - you have made my day :applause:

scan0001-1.jpg

One of the wonderful things about these boards for me is that certain collectors have offered to sell special books from their collections to me because they know how much I have wanted them and how much I will appreciate them. Sometimes it is hard to let something go, but it becomes a little easier when you know the person who is buying the book will cherish it for many many years. Thanks to Airwalker, I now have one of the top items on my want list and have completed my WW2 run of Terry-Toons. Some of you know I have been looking for a copy of this for a long time, and got sniped at the last second during a c-link auction a couple months ago. Thanks again Airwalker - you have made my day :applause:

scan0001-1.jpg

:applause:

It has been a while since I have had access to a working scanner.

Well, the store is back up and running and we have replaced all the water-logged electronic stuff! YEAH! So now it is time to catch up.

I picked up a very nice Marvel Mystery 12 through the August Heritage auction. Right after the storm I lucked into the Larson Marvel Mystery 19.

So, for fun, here is Marvel Mystery 11 - 20...

mm11.jpg

mm12.jpg

mm13.jpg

mm14.jpg

marvel15.jpg

marvel16.jpg

mm17.jpg

mm18.jpg

mm19.jpg

mm20.jpg