• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

It has been a while since I have had access to a working scanner.

Well, the store is back up and running and we have replaced all the water-logged electronic stuff! YEAH! So now it is time to catch up.

I picked up a very nice Marvel Mystery 12 through the August Heritage auction. Right after the storm I lucked into the Larson Marvel Mystery 19.

So, for fun, here is Marvel Mystery 11 - 20...

mm11.jpg

mm12.jpg

mm13.jpg

mm14.jpg

marvel15.jpg

marvel16.jpg

mm17.jpg

mm18.jpg

mm19.jpg

mm20.jpg

that's some pretty books, geek.

Well, the store is back up and running and we have replaced all the water-logged electronic stuff! YEAH! So now it is time to catch up.

I picked up a very nice Marvel Mystery 12 through the August Heritage auction. Right after the storm I lucked into the Larson Marvel Mystery 19.

mm11.jpg

mm12.jpg

mm13.jpg

mm14.jpg

marvel15.jpg

marvel16.jpg

mm17.jpg

mm18.jpg

mm19.jpg

mm20.jpg

that's some pretty books, geek.

(worship) (worship) They are all great - but that Kirby 12 is A+++

It has been almost three hours and there are no new posts in this thread.

A Travesty!

So...

mm21.jpg

mm22.jpg

mm23.jpg

mm24.jpg

mm25.jpg

mm26.jpg

mm27.jpg

mm28fc.jpg

mm29.jpg

mm30.jpg

It has been almost three hours and there are no new posts in this thread.

A Travesty!

So...

mm30.jpg

It's probably because most of the posters have spent the last three hours watching Superman!

Beautiful books. I love the #30. (thumbs u

Thanks RHG! The 30 is not really any tougher than the issues around it. Each of the issues in the 30s are a little more uncommon than the issues in the 20s. But the yellow logo is striking and makes it pop out among the run.

Thats a pretty stunning 1 to 30 MMC run you have there , Richard... I just about burst into tears looking at them , they are so darned pretty.

Really, a great collection. And the PQ seems to be O/W on average... well done!!

One of the wonderful things about these boards for me is that certain collectors have offered to sell special books from their collections to me because they know how much I have wanted them and how much I will appreciate them. Sometimes it is hard to let something go, but it becomes a little easier when you know the person who is buying the book will cherish it for many many years. Thanks to Airwalker, I now have one of the top items on my want list and have completed my WW2 run of Terry-Toons. Some of you know I have been looking for a copy of this for a long time, and got sniped at the last second during a c-link auction a couple months ago. Thanks again Airwalker - you have made my day :applause:

scan0001-1.jpg

Josh, I'm glad it went to someone who will cherish it. It was my pleasure. (thumbs u

The only word that comes to mind is WOW! (worship) (worship)

You wouldn't believe the copy of Marvel #30 that I saw at Collector's Bookstore back around 1981(?)...wonder if it was a pedigree, but I did not purchase it. :sorry:

i guess the paper must've been only ow/w.

My second Cap in less than a month. Life aint too bad.

This appears to be a "Cookeville" book. Anyone know if this is considered a "Collection or a "Pedigree"?

CaptainAmerica54vf001.jpg

great book....the Cookeville's are just a collection because high grade is "rare" (most are lower to mid) ...and, no major keys, but lots of lengthy runs were there (both dc and timely)..mainly all superhero, I believe

My second Cap in less than a month. Life aint too bad.

This appears to be a "Cookeville" book. Anyone know if this is considered a "Collection or a "Pedigree"?

great book....the Cookeville's are just a collection because high grade is "rare" (most are lower to mid) ...and, no major keys, but lots of lengthy runs were there (both dc and timely)..mainly all superhero, I believe

Thanks Rick. :)