• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,100 posts in this topic

Nice books, Issue #5 is on my eventual want list. Have this one on hold:

: It would have been cooler if Subby was not holding an anti-flame gun on the Torch 8...!

"anti-flame gun" would that be a water pistol ? confused-smiley-013.gif

You would think, but if you look at the cover, water isn't coming out of that gun barrel---it's something explosive! Surfer is right though, Subby with an iron grid in his hands would have been cooler--but it's still a great battle cover.

Nice books, Issue #5 is on my eventual want list. Have this one on hold:

Great pickup Surfer. 893applaud-thumb.gif I love that HT # 8 cover and think it could be designated a classic. Better than the HT #5 and every bit as good as MM #9 IMO.

Hold on Durgen08! The Torch 8 is great, but not as great as the MM9 cool.gif It would have been cooler if Subby was not holding an anti-flame gun on the Torch 8...Schomburg shoulda made them in hand to hand combat over the GW bridge!

But, I do agree that the 8 is better than the HT 5 by a long shot!

Yeah I agree about the water pistol, they should have just left that one out and put a steel girder in his hands instead.

yah, show Subby trying to belt Torch over the head!

I've never been a Timely collector, but somewhere along the line I picked up a couple. Here is an All Winners 16. If someone needs it to complete their All Winners run, let me know.

1658125-AllWinners16%282%29.jpg

I wish I had "accidental" purchases like those.