• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,065 posts in this topic

My first GA Subby/Torch Battle Book! Will be the first book I have restored as well. I won this book off Clink today. I figure if a book is to be resto'd this is a good one as the cover is in two pieces. Still had to pay G 2.0 price for it, but I am tickled just the same. HumanTorch8.jpgyay.gif

Great pick up. After finding out how cheap it will be to restore this copy I'm going to send my #12 in for work as well.

'manic monday' was a big hit; i see no reason why you can't do something with 'timely tuesday.' think of the funny-books to be bought off the royalties! sign-funnypost.gifThanks everyone,actually Tax Refund Timely's is more accurate.This is the 2nd year I used some of my refund to pick up a few Timely's.I got the fever,and the only prescription is more Timely's!....... yay.gif

sa-cowbell.jpg

'manic monday' was a big hit; i see no reason why you can't do something with 'timely tuesday.' think of the funny-books to be bought off the royalties!

sign-funnypost.gifThanks everyone,actually Tax Refund Timely's is more accurate.This is the 2nd year I used some of my refund to pick up a few Timely's.I got the fever,and the only prescription is more Timely's!....... yay.gif

sa-cowbell.jpg

I am thinking Timely tax refund, as in just in time to make the payment arrangement! Ha! Ha!

'manic monday' was a big hit; i see no reason why you can't do something with 'timely tuesday.' think of the funny-books to be bought off the royalties!

sign-funnypost.gifThanks everyone,actually Tax Refund Timely's is more accurate.This is the 2nd year I used some of my refund to pick up a few Timely's.I got the fever,and the only prescription is more Timely's!....... yay.gif

sa-cowbell.jpg

I am thinking Timely tax refund, as in just in time to make the payment arrangement! Ha! Ha!

well said...

rick

Tax refund... I wish.

This arrived this morning, form Comiclink! A grail off the list. The cover is a bit soiled, as is the interior, and there is some glue on the spine (at the staples) but its still totally readable, supple and complete!! I am totally excited about this one... its nice to see the battle in its original form (I have worn out my Fantasy Masterpieces reprint!).

I'm very happy with CLINK's grading ... seems bang on. Maybe the pages are a bit darker than described, but still nice and flexible. And their service was very good. Time payments, baby!! headbang.gif

Marvel #9:

1701547-MARVEL9Bpost.jpg

1701547-MARVEL9Bpost.jpg.a91aaf8b5f484228d8e9b40d39e86f28.jpg

Edited by RyanH

Tax refund... I wish.

This arrived this morning, form Comiclink! A grail off the list. The cover is a bit soiled, as is the interior, and there is some glue on the spine (at the staples) but its still totally readable, supple and complete!! I am totally excited about this one... its nice to see the battle in its original form (I have worn out my Fantasy Masterpieces reprint!).

I'm very happy with CLINK's grading ... seems bang on. Maybe the pages are a bit darker than described, but still nice and flexible. And their service was very good. Time payments, baby!! headbang.gif

Marvel #9:

1701547-MARVEL9Bpost.jpg

outstanding...CONGRATS

rick

My small but key group of Timely's ... most of these I have wanted for about 25 years, since I was a lad...

cloud9.gif

1701554-TIMELYgrouppost.jpg

Very impressivel!!! You have impeccable taste, Ryan! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Tax refund... I wish.

Marvel #9:

1701547-MARVEL9Bpost.jpg

Congrats Ryan!!!! I am very happy for you. hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Tax refund... I wish.

Marvel #9:

1701547-MARVEL9Bpost.jpg

ryan, in this case, you say it GRAIL! way to go, sir.

Mr. S,

Great snag on the Torch issue. I just cut one up for a Masterworks reprint. And the very good news is that I didn't cut or bleach the cover, which is in one piece. If you will remit your address, I will remit the groom.

Can you believe it?

A Golden Age book going UP in condition?

Regards,

Greg Theakston

Pure Imagination

Yup, it's a "great" comic all right.

Great3.jpg

Gents,

This is, I believe, Reed Crandall's first comic book art. Roger Hill showed me a copy years ago, and the interiors are also Crandall.

I would LOVE to reprint this book!

Greg Theakston

Pure Imagination

Yup, it's a "great" comic all right.

Great3.jpg

Gents,

This is, I believe, Reed Crandall's first comic book art. Roger Hill showed me a copy years ago, and the interiors are also Crandall.

I would LOVE to reprint this book!

Greg Theakston

Pure Imagination

I don't see this as Crandall at all, though I certainly respect Roger's and your's opinion. My vote goes for Charles Sultan who did lots of work for Chesler.

If I remember correctly, this has already been re-printed (b&w) by NEC, the folks that print the Tick.

Listers,

I took a couple of hours off and investigated this entire thread. Cool stuff gents.

Shockingly, not a single Subby #7. Is this book especially rare?

Anybody else got a copy? Condition?

Regards,

Greg Theakston

Pure Imagination

P.S. Have a scan but no idea how to post it from my computer. Help!

Tax refund... I wish.

Marvel #9:

1701547-MARVEL9Bpost.jpg

ryan, in this case, you say it GRAIL! way to go, sir.

Thanks all... spent most of yesterday afternoon just looking at it. the cover is a thing of beauty.