• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,065 posts in this topic

Mr. B I don't want to get interupt the posting sequence but I'm hoiping you have a few high garde copies of issues #16 and #74 to share with us. popcorn.gif

16 as soon as it is slabbed. I sold the White Mountain 74 two years ago. I now have very few Timelys after 1944.

That is a gorgeous copy, 6.0 if my memory serves me correct?

Yes, and killer pages. It had a tiny little chip on the bottom right corner of the front cover. That was one of the toughest decisions!

Mr. B I don't want to get interupt the posting sequence but I'm hoiping you have a few high garde copies of issues #16 and #74 to share with us. popcorn.gif

16 as soon as it is slabbed. I sold the White Mountain 74 two years ago. I now have very few Timelys after 1944.

Yes, and killer pages. It had a tiny little chip on the bottom right corner of the front cover. That was one of the toughest decisions!

I am sure that I have posted this many times, but its very nice.....Not White Mt.,but still a real nice 6.0 and one of the better known copies to exist. I have seen a most and I think mine is better than most.

Cap74-2.jpg

I am sure that I have posted this many times, but its very nice.....Not White Mt.,but still a real nice 6.0 and one of the better known copies to exist. I have seen a most and I think mine is better than most.

Cap74-2.jpg

Thanks for posting it again. Beautiful copy! (Gosh I miss mine. Hope it found a good home.) And thanks for the compliments.

OMG!!! These Timely's are killin' me!!! I posted this pic on another thread, so I guess I'll give you guys a laugh or maybe a cry. One day, I hope to own a nice GA Cap, but for now this is the best I could score around here. What's left of Cap #53:

cac53.jpg

Now it's bagged and boarded and hopefully at ease from a hard life.

893applaud-thumb.gif I've never seen so many Reilly Timelys in my life! How many you got, man? Also, those MM & Cap #2's are phenomenal. I noticed the "P" on the MM #2, could it be a Pennsylvania? Not sure if there was one. If you gots a Cap #27, I'd love to see it. I got a feeling I'll fall out of my chair if posted. hail.gif Please keep the thread hijack ROLLIN'! Great great stuff and thanks for sharing.

Thanks. I am posting stuff as I get it slabbed. The Caps from 11 to 40 haven't been done yet. (It costs, you know). I have a few Reilly's, including the Cap 26. Have a nice 27, you will see it someday. Get a seat-belt ready. I have no idea if the MM2 is the Penn. Was slabbed when I got it and there are a lot of Ps running around. Thanks again!

i'd be all gaga over these pictures if it were not for the fact i have fondled these books many, many times. used up all my gagaing in person.

just wonderful stuff ricky.

Okay. So I was asked to post this last night. I pulled out a few other goodies as well.

So without further adoo........

mm9.jpg

That was the one that was on Comic Link last year, freaking awesome book. Your collection is astounding Mr. B. hail.gif

Thanks Surfer (but)

This one was never on Comic Link. been in the family for about ten years.

it's so sweet of you to mention our geek family. i know our northern brothers are pleased as well.

Cap74-2.jpg

pretty Paul, feel free to post it repeatedly.

ht6.jpg

These are all so beautiful I can't single one of them out (although I guess I just did blush.gif ). Just a drop dead killer selections of Timelys! hail.gif

mm2.jpg

Your books are gorgeous Richard. In your experience, how uncommon is the MM #2 compared to other early books in the run? At one point it was considered one of the least common; does that still hold true today?

Based on the CGC census it seems the #6 is toughest followed closely by #8 on issues 1-10.

West

mm2.jpg

Your books are gorgeous Richard. In your experience, how uncommon is the MM #2 compared to other early books in the run? At one point it was considered one of the least common; does that still hold true today?

Based on the CGC census it seems the #6 is toughest followed closely by #8 on issues 1-10.

West

wow, from my recent (and I have only been searching for MMC for 2 months now), I see a lot of 6's and 8's available (and a lot of 4's)...I see very few 2's and even fewer 5's and 9's (maybe they are just gobbled up so fast, they don't last)...with 3, 7 and 10 being relatively available...

I wonder if the 5 and 9 are heavier in the census, than say 6 and 8, due to the desirability (have slabbed for liquidity), versus availability...

thoughts?

rick

Awsome books....not sure if I posted a scan of this when I first bought it....low grade and I likely overpaid for it (2nd chance eBay offer, I initially thought might be a scam)....but am glad I have it....to me, just an unbelieveable classic cover, love the green worm...

cloud9.gif

can0008yd8.jpg

Okay. So I was asked to post this last night. I pulled out a few other goodies as well.

So without further adoo........

mm9.jpg

I can't understand why anyone would want to own anything so atrocious.

In fact, perhaps you should just send this book to me and I'll properly manage the atrocity. face_icon_small_happy.gif

beating_20heart.gif

Edited by dizzyfoxx

So, I had not bought any Timelys in a while, but could not pass on this when I saw it today....so it has a nice new home. Love the colour. Wonder how long it took for the German soldiers to walk in the tunnel from Germany all the way to New York 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ....love how everything is labeled and explained on the FC...

Ya, PLOD, I know, I know, but I could care less.... spline split sealed and cover reinforced at stamples....still looks great to me...and pretty reasonable price on it too. Case is cracked on the back but the shop is going to send it in for me in the next couple months and have it re-slabbed smile.gif

Anyway, here is a scan....ooooohhhhh, on my new scanner too.....

img001wk9.jpg

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif