• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,087 posts in this topic

Just got back from a NYC trip, and had two great comic book experiences:

1) got to meet PointFive and his wife! They came out to an art show I had in New Jersey, and I also had lunch with P5 on Tuesday, and we caught up on , what else, comics. He is a super nice guy... as you would expect.

2) got to go shopping in person at Metro, see some very nice books (and posters, and original art!), and meet Frank and Vincent, both super nice guys as well. Frank pulled a stack of books for me, and Vincent toured me around, and gave me the lowdown on the collection of art and posters in the offices. Vincent also gave me a great deal on a MISS FURY #1, below... a great book. Amazing eye candy at the Metro offices... there is a Bill Everett Submariner page in the bathroom you wouldn't believe...

(Point Five, no comments on the purchase, please!! 27_laughing.gif Yes, i have a problem .... )

Anyways, good times!! Oddly enough, while I was having lunch with P5, my girlfriend claims to have seen CentaurMan pounding the pavement of Manhattan ... was this possible, Win? I know you were in town around that time.

Anyways, nothing like being able to look at the books before you buy them!... cloud9.gif

1867481-MFURYpost.jpg

1867481-MFURYpost.jpg.129be2726f40651ac47b8fee8003416f.jpg

Edited by RyanH

Well, since I can't comment on the purchase wink.gif, I'll just say:

It was really great meeting you and talking shop, Ryan! Come back to the Big Apple anytime. thumbsup2.gif

--Jon

Becoming an addict thanks to this place - becoming 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

When I was younger I always thought GA comics would be outside my price range but because of this place I have realised how attainable they actually are. thumbsup2.gif

Becoming an addict thanks to this place - becoming 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

When I was younger I always though GA comics would be outside my price range but because of this place I have realised how attainable they actually are. thumbsup2.gif

yeah...when you're a wealthy banker in Engalnd, they are suprisingly affordable! poke2.gif

My first additions to this thread:

Sub-Mariner #1 CGC 6.0 (centre-fold detached):

SM1.jpg

MMC #27 CGC 6.5:

MMC27.jpg

Beautiful copies. Are they restored? They look much better than 6.5. thumbsup2.gif

Ken

I am sitting here in my comic room, and I have pulled out all of my Timely's. Three full CGC graded boxes packed full of Timely goodness. I kinda feel like scrooge mcduck rolling around in his money, only its not money its better(oh and even though they are slabbed, still not rolling in them). My name is Paul S. aka Mr. Schomburg and I am a Timely Junkie...ok there I said it! The only problem is I don't want to get better, F' the 12 step, I need a fix, oh and while the grade in my opinion is a little bit of a joke, (both Mr. B and I feel that a 7.0 would be max, and anywhere in the 6.5 range is accurate, He sold me the book) it just came in today and I missed this one.

CaptainAmerica3.jpg

Ya thats it baby, can feel it....all good....Nothing like the good stuff!