• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,103 posts in this topic

Hi Gator,

how many did you have prior to your current quest?

If none, 80 so quickly is a mighty impressive pick up!

I thought Timelys were relatively scarce?

Hi Gator,

hello all...

I got my first timelys in Mid February of this year (had never owned one before, always been a DC man)....these boards got me started...got my first ones from Mr. Parker and Xavier Logan and Friscoman (left Ponseti's with 5 of the 91)...then, I was able to do a deal with Centaurman for another 8-10? copies or so (formerly Ciorac's copies that had gone to Win as part of the Tec 1 deal)...and all of a sudden, in one swoop, I had 15 copies or so...from there, I just went shopping (these Boards- GreatEscape, 143Ksk, Showcase-4, Silver Surfer to name a few, Bedrock, Metro, H. Yee, Payette, ComicLink, Ebay, Heritage, etc, etc...with the internet, "relatively" scarce is just that, relative)

I know where copies of 10 of the 11 I need are for sale (just holding out for SDCC and Chicago)...that, and Marvel 1, and I hope to complete the run by August!

thanks

rick

Hi Gator,

With every new Gator they get tougher and tougher. Some of his last ten are usually very hard to find. But Rick is a determined individual. And finishing a whole run in under a year is unbelievable!

Rick, congrats on your swift success. You obviously need to find a more challenging run to go after.

thanks RHG....I was thinking Tec 2-26 in "high grade" poke2.gif

gator

Hi Gator,

With every new Gator they get tougher and tougher. Some of his last ten are usually very hard to find. But Rick is a determined individual. And finishing a whole run in under a year is unbelievable!

and, I must say, my nicest copies have come from richard!....and, yes, if I was to try to put this run together in high grade, it would take forever (if ever)...but, since I don't mind low to mid grade, and I don't mind resto, it does make it "easier" for me smile.gif

thanks

rick

Issues #2,3,5,6,8,9 in decent unrestored condition are just brutal to track down.

agreed...

I had a decent #2 in unrestored, but folks that followed my thread a few months ago, know what happened there....

rick

ps-I added the Silver surfer to my list of great boardies that have helped me out

Hi Gator,

And finishing a whole run in under a year is unbelievable!

Since he will do it in six months does that qualify as mind boggling? confused-smiley-013.gif

Hi Gator,

And finishing a whole run in under a year is unbelievable!

Since he will do it in six months does that qualify as mind boggling? confused-smiley-013.gif

sorry.gif

Issues #2,3,5,6,8,9 in decent unrestored condition are just brutal to track down.

Agreed - my experience is that 7 seems to be the most common amongst the earliest issues.

rick, I was wondering if you were going to complete the larger Timely run (Marvel Mystery) or smaller Centaur run (Keen Detective Funnies) first...seems you are on track to do both! 893applaud-thumb.gif

STEVE

Rick, you are a comic buying machine. I love your passion for the books! Fantastic run you have put together in such a short time.

Paul

thank you kind sir!

gator

Agreed - my experience is that 7 seems to be the most common amongst the earliest issues.

rick, I was wondering if you were going to complete the larger Timely run (Marvel Mystery) or smaller Centaur run (Keen Detective Funnies) first...seems you are on track to do both! 893applaud-thumb.gif

STEVE

well, to be honest, I have picked up one more KDF that I needed, and I have my eye one 1 other, but outside of that, I know of no more available copies....so, that puts me at only 14 of the 24...might be years before I can complete, just due to the scarcity and the fact that no one seems to have any for sale, as you well know!

as mentioned, I know where 10 of the 11 final MMC I need are for sale right now (multiple copies of some), so in theory, I could nearly finish that off today, but I am waiting until SD/chi to see what is out there before I pull any triggers....a lot of the fun for me is the search!...

smile.gif

gator

Pick up from the LCS. The lady who brought the books in found them in a suitcase at her house. The bag it was in had it marked at $25. 893whatthe.gif

Has me wondering when Sub-Mariners were that affordable? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Anybody have an old guide handy?

Sub-MarinerComics236.jpg

Sub-MarinerComics236-1.jpg

Pick up from the LCS. The lady who brought the books in found them in a suitcase at her house. The bag it was in had it marked at $25. 893whatthe.gif

Has me wondering when Sub-Mariners were that affordable? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sub-MarinerComics236.jpg

takeit.gif

Sub-MarinerComics236.jpg

Congrats Buck!!

That's a tougher issue. What's your take on the grade?

Nice pickup Buck, clean cover, tough in decent grade. thumbsup2.gif Want to double your profits? tongue.gif

Because of the lower spine misfortune I say about 6.5? If it wasn't for that I would say 7.5. Spine is beautiful and the pages are offwhite to white.