• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

I was trying to stay away from anything that involved Cream to Off White pages and it took me 24 hours to make up my mind on this book but because Rick is just so DAMN easy to get along with, I took this off his hands, last Sunday at MegaCon. It's the Trolley copy :cloud9:

MMC11Trolley.jpg

A very pretty book in person.

Jim

:applause:

but, didn't you tell me you would include a little snippet about my good looks too lol

I think "strikingly handsome" were the whispers I heard on the convention floor (worship)

Jim

:headbang:

I was trying to stay away from anything that involved Cream to Off White pages and it took me 24 hours to make up my mind on this book but because Rick is just so DAMN easy to get along with, I took this off his hands, last Sunday at MegaCon. It's the Trolley copy :cloud9:

MMC11Trolley.jpg

Jim

but, didn't you tell me you would include a little snippet about my good looks too lol

I think "strikingly handsome" were the whispers I heard on the convention floor (worship)

Jim

Yeah, but that comment came from the fat lady dressed as a Klingon. :sick:

BTW Jim, very astute purchase on your part. Its a gorgeous book, and had I not already picked up an equally pricey book earlier that day :whistle:, I'd likely be the new owner instead of you. As it is, I think its a wonderful compliment to your other MMCs. :applause:

MMC11Trolley.jpg

Jim

You're a lucky man cause I need an 11.

Very nice book.

R.

MMC11Trolley.jpg

Jim

That is a fantastic pre-toro MMC Jim! Congrats :applause:

MMC11Trolley.jpg

Jim

Jim

I see the Gator is still whispering to himself.......

MMC11Trolley.jpg

Jim

Yeah, it's just a Cr-Ow but next thing you know you're collecting:

3288457249_d7583e3808_o.jpg

Not that there's anything wrong with that :foryou:

MMC11Trolley.jpg

Jim

You're a lucky man cause I need an 11.

Very nice book.

R.

Thanks Roy but you have 8 or so of the ones before it and I don't have any...so let's call it a draw :roflmao:

Jim

MMC11Trolley.jpg

Jim

God I hope not :tonofbricks:

Jim

MMC11Trolley.jpg

Jim

Bah! Cream to off white. :baiting:

MMC11Trolley.jpg

Jim

God I hope not :tonofbricks:

Jim

lol

It's inevitable. Once you've conquered the superhero world you'll start looking for other thrills to finish off your buffet.

My boxes have everything from funny animal to sc-fi. My tastes change over the years, but they remain varied.

It's the spice of life

:)

Great books guys!

Got this a few week back from Adam.

MM5CGCEP.jpg

One of the greatest MMC covers of all time! Love that square jaw on the Torch! (copyright to Billy Parker for first pointing that out)

I will post pics of these once in hand, but picked up a set of these. Signed by Schomburg and they have matching #'s. :banana:

fullposter_captainamerica37_1984_2923.jpg

:o Glad I bought my set before this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&item=360134672435

:o :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&item=360134672435

Edited by Gone Phishin'

As a side note to the day, we were treated to a fabulous lunch, got to wade through Rich's Disney collection which included some of the nicest grade copies I've ever seen, AND he had two D ick Winters signed comics in his collection. Talk about a coincidence.

:)

Edited by ciorac

AND he had to D ick Winters signed comics in his collection. Talk about a coincidence.

The plot thickens. I'd love to know who this Mr. Winters is.....because apparently, he was a heckuva funny book lover in the 40s.

As for those Brick Bradfords....love those uncredited Schomburg covers. :cloud9: