• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,082 posts in this topic

My newest Timely...

greenhornet17.jpg

:o

Wait-a-gosh-darn-minute! I've been duped :pullhair:

That ain't a Timely!

Piece o' damn junk :boo:

:applause: IMO the cover to # 8 is better than the cover to # 9 (thumbs u

Strong statement Scrooge! Torch 8 is a great Timely to own. I owned my first copy in '96 and have always loved the cover--best cover in the entire Torch run (yes, better than #12 IMO)....I still like the MM9 cover better--it's just more classic and looks more 30s/40s like. Only thing on the Torch 8---I never really digged the "anti-flame" gun Subby's holding...Schomburg should have drawn them in hand to hand combat (thumbs u

Strong statement Scrooge! Torch 8 is a great Timely to own. I owned my first copy in '96 and have always loved the cover--best cover in the entire Torch run (yes, better than #12 IMO)....I still like the MM9 cover better--it's just more classic and looks more 30s/40s like. Only thing on the Torch 8---I never really digged the "anti-flame" gun Subby's holding...Schomburg should have drawn them in hand to hand combat (thumbs u

Anti-flame gun or not, it's still one kick- battle. I like the perspective better, which allows us to have a good view of the bridge (where they confront inside), the warships under it, AND the cityscape in the background. To me, it makes for a better cover.

Anti-flame gun or not, it's still one kick- battle. I like the perspective better, which allows us to have a good view of the bridge (where they confront inside), the warships under it, AND the cityscape in the background. To me, it makes for a better cover.

Yes, that on "top of the bridge" perspective is really cool..I think it's the George Washington Bridge in NYC in the story....I like the bordering on the left side of the MM9 for some reason and Subby's "huge" muscles :P

Edited by Primetime