• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

toro looks superer than cap wonder---what did the latter do, by the way, other than give his regards in really spectacular fashion?

pons, come help me explain to this guy how shiddy timelys are.

Can't help ya out Billy. Timelys are fantastic. Most of them are anyway. Wish I had some more in the old comic box.

Not much better than early or late Marvel Mystery comics, just about any Caps are cool, Subbys are divine, Human Torch comics are pretty cool, Mystics with Destroyer covers are simply wonderful, All Select and All Winners have some great issues (except for the early AW),

I even like much of the Timely non-superhero comics

Not too fond of YA, Tough Sell Squad, Red Raven, or most of the Daring runs.

But for the most part? I like Timely comics just fine :luhv:

AW #4 has a great story with Nazi's blowing up the Statue of Liberty! :sumo:

All Winners have some great issues (except for the early AW),

I know you have read a ton of comics, but you really should read a few more Bill. The early All Winners are great on the insides.

But a few do have terrible covers...

allwinners2.jpg

cap74001.jpg

Waiting for this baby to arrive Thanks to a fellow board member. The Red Skull covers have always been my favorites from the Cap run.

nice!

agreed; gotta love some skull covers.

cap16.jpg

this is kinda one.

recilf.jpg

Real nice, Billy! (thumbs u

Love that Kirby cover; your 5.0 doesn't look any worse for wear than my 8.5 ...

captainamerica_5_CGC.jpg

Sorry about the quality of my scan (still looking to buy a better scanner; ordered one off of Amazon and as luck would have it just found out it was OOS).

The point is that your copy looks under-graded to me and presents really well. And yes, technically it is a Red Skull cover! :applause:

Edited by DavidMerryweather

Nice books guys. Well did anyone ever bother to check with Joe Simon if the skull on the wheel was intended to be the Red Skull? That would solve it.

Edited by Yannis

Nice books guys. Well did anyone ever bother to check with Joe Simon if the skull on the wheel was intended to be the Red Skull? That would solve it.
who else could it be John?

His less well known cousin, the Scarlet Cranium? (shrug)

Or the Crimson Skeletal Head.

this is kinda one.

recilf.jpg

Real nice, Billy! (thumbs u

Love that Kirby cover; your 5.0 doesn't look any worse for wear than my 8.5 ...

captainamerica_5_CGC.jpg

Sorry about the quality of my scan (still looking to buy a better scanner; ordered one off of Amazon and as luck would have it just found out it was OOS).

The point is that your copy looks under-graded to me and presents really well. And yes, technically it is a Red Skull cover! :applause:

dave, there is a dime-sized tape pull on the coupon on the back cover, voila, a high-grade ped copy becomes mid-grade. i like it no less, but paid a smidgen of what it woulda cost me in 8.5'ish shape. i complain not.

and thanks.

Or the Crimson Skeletal Head.

the vermilion head-sans-derma.

cap74001.jpg

Waiting for this baby to arrive Thanks to a fellow board member. The Red Skull covers have always been my favorites from the Cap run.

Great book John! :applause:

Well that's one of the creepiest Red Skull covers, Congrats!