• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,082 posts in this topic

Anybody out there ...How about some examples of Marvel #46???

It's been cricketville for days around here. CGC must be fumigating the boards or something. (shrug)

Gator and Vintage posted a few times, ciorac, Bedrock and Straw-Man once or twice, but even over on the General board the snarky postings have been relatively tame for a Friday.

I've got a few new acquisitions, including a Marvel Mystery that I need to scan and post. Alas, it's not #46.

I'm thinking of starting a new special focus thread here tomorrow with the idea of focusing interest on books with certain titles.

Hey, maybe I'll email Mitch and see if he wants to post any advice for the upcoming auctions. That usually gets the juices flowing on this board!

In the meantime, here's a couple of raw high grades that I haven't posted scans of in quite awhile (if ever)...

img_Sub-Mariner19_104.jpg

img_Sub-Mariner22_103-1.jpg

Edited by DavidMerryweather

Sparkle City has a copy on ebay right now, current high bid is just under $1,000 with 2 days of bidding to go.

Marvel46Sparklecitycopy.jpg

If you want a better copy, Heritage has this copy for sale right now, current high bid is just under $3000 with 19 days of bidding to go.

Marvel46Heritage.jpg

I was lucky to pick up a few for myself.

marvel46Copies.jpg

Edited by Timely

Sparkle City has a copy on ebay right now, current high bid is just under $1,000 with 2 days of bidding to go.

Marvel46Sparklecitycopy.jpg

If you want a better copy, Heritage has this copy for sale right now, current high bid is just under $3000 with 19 days of bidding to go.

Marvel46Heritage.jpg

I was lucky to pick up a few for myself.

marvel46Copies.jpg

West, you're da man! (worship) That's just awesome, feller.

Naturally my eye is drawn to that sweet San Francisco 9.0! :luhv:

I did grab a beater recently. One of a handful of Timely's I want enough to spend the money.

I'll take 'beaters' like that all day and twice on Sunday (thumbs u !

Great book and acquistion. :applause:

I should qualify that "beater" comment by noting that it has some pretty amateur resto :sorry: