• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,075 posts in this topic

I LOVE the MMC #51 cover, well done!
Klan hooded Nazis; what's not to love? :cloud9:

half naked boys, buns up, in bondage? (shrug)

Sorry, :sorry: it is well known by the Timely geeks on these boards that this is my least favorite MM cover

I LOVE the MMC #51 cover, well done!
Klan hooded Nazis; what's not to love? :cloud9:

half naked boys, buns up, in bondage? (shrug)

Sorry, :sorry: it is well known by the Timely geeks on these boards that this is my least favorite MM cover

Well...I'll never look at that cover the same way again. :sick:

A new upgrade... highest graded

Congrats! :applause:

That's a tough book in grade. My 8.0 copy apparently comes in second (one of two) with only 23 blue labels in the census (only 8 above 5.0).

then my poor little copy must be 4th---yay!

cap66-1.jpg

That's a tough book in grade. My 8.0 copy apparently comes in second (one of two) with only 23 blue labels in the census (only 8 above 5.0).

Thanks Cat..... Hope we could get together again sometime...

I think Bucky got slapped too hard given the nice PQ... smiley-char156.gif

cap slapping him mighta been even more ignominious to the little fella.

ca65.jpg

Cap was obviously having more fun with the hot gal in the red dress, but who wants those four greasy voyeurs hangin' around... :P

b042af45-585c-4d28-871d-32d507d6e536_zps15500bcc.jpg

We'll be in SDCC & NYCC. Hope to see you there. :hi:

We'll be in SDCC & NYCC. Hope to see you there. :hi:

I'll be in Philli in June and yes hope to see you in NYC .. please give me a heads up before you are coming

another new one from the CL sale.. its one you don't see too often

:applause:Awesome pick-up.

That cover concept was apparently quite popular among artists of the era.

There was a late 30's pulp cover first (The SPIDER, I think), then this first series Mystic...

0d095e49-b0be-4c71-8907-85f57618f186_zpsf46f262f.jpg

they put your book under the wrong label steve; hope you didn't pay "real" mystic 3 money for it.

:o Just noticed that. CGC dropped the ball on that'un.

BTW, I'm pretty sure that the cover of Mystic #3, 2nd Series is a Shores swipe of the earlier Schomburg cover! hm

they put your book under the wrong label steve; hope you didn't pay "real" mystic 3 money for it.

I adjusted the posting... On the CL site they said the label was up for fixin...and listed it as Vol. #2

It wasn't too high .. just an uncommon issue to find

I adjusted the posting... On the CL site they said the label was up for fixin...and listed it as Vol. #2

It wasn't too high .. just an uncommon issue to find

It's still an awesome pick-up. Big congrats! That's a tough book that doesn't come up often. :headbang:

another new one from the CL sale.. its one you don't see too often.. CGC got the label wrong.. think its being fixed
nice acquisition. The similarities between Timelys Angel and MLJs Wizard(second costume) are striking. The only two mustashed(?) heroes of the golden age. Probably influenced by the screen idols of the time(Gable, Tyrone Power, Flynn). What puzzles me is DC sued for Wonder Man and Capt Marvel, while the Angel and The Wizard 'swiped' Superman's color scheme(blue tights AND red cape)...and nothing!?! Or did they have a beef with this too?