• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,097 posts in this topic

What a wonderful accomplishment West...Seeing all those together is amazing.. One wonders how all that original art could have just been destroyed? If any of those covers survived..

Here's a Schomburg cover that I saw at the marvel exhibition in Paris:

humantorch16oa_zpsc462296d.jpg

:cloud9:

I saw that cover in San Diego about 10 years ago. It is amazing!

IMO, one of Schomburg's best HT war covers! (worship)

That clip is great! Love seeing all those GA books unbagged and unboarded just sitting in racks lol It's also interesting that George attributes price spread to who is buying and selling with no reference to condition - it was a different collecting world back then.

Does anyone know what he used as source material for his reprints. Most fan reprints of the era were B/W reprints of color pages and ended up looking grey and muddy. George Henderson's look like they were taken from photostats or the OA, which I guess would explain the rather random choices for reprints.

Does anyone know what he used as source material for his reprints. Most fan reprints of the era were B/W reprints of color pages and ended up looking grey and muddy. George Henderson's look like they were taken from photostats or the OA, which I guess would explain the rather random choices for reprints.

Ah, hm... as he was in Toronto... the Cap Annual interiors are b&w, right? That might explain it.

Ah, hm... as he was in Toronto... the Cap Annual interiors are b&w, right? That might explain it.

Yes, he used the Cap Annual as plates for his reprints.

mm28cgc8.jpg

san francisco!!

I'm so glad you have that book, Jamie! I owned it for years. I bought it for less than $100 from Carl Macek at a Houston Con in either '79 or '80. Sold it in 2003 after picking up a super nice non pedigree for less money than I could sell the SF for at the time. I still miss it though. It was my favorite book for almost all of the time that I had it.

i can't remember where i got it from...who did you sell it to?