• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

Hi all......some very nice books in this thread. I currently own.....only one Timely......are new guys allowed to post pics of their Timely's here too???

Have any of you seen the Marvel #1 up on ebay right now? Its way outta my league.....but still makes me drool just lookin at it. Here the link......anybody know this guy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Comics-1-Timely-Unrestored-CGC-6-0_W0QQitemZ130232228542QQihZ003QQcategoryZ68QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

howdy and welcome...

it is a cool book...sold for $75K last year... the seller is well known (the dentist)...

Isn't it about time that we just call Dave Anderson (the dentist) by his name...Dave Anderson.

Not to be confused with Want-List Dave Anderson, who is not a dentist.

well, I happen to know that Dave Anderson Want List goes to a dentist...but, it is just so much easier to type "the dentist" versus typing out Dave Anderson, or even Dave Anderson the Dentist... seems to me that I would prefer to take the route that involves less discourse, and not belabor the fact that Dave Anderson=the dentist, when by now, it is given that Dave Anderson = "the dentist"... I would only have to type out 2 short words (although, I guess technically Dave is longer than "the" but surely "dentist" is shorter then Anderson by a good letter)...

so, what I am trying to say is, I prefer to call him Dave "Mile High Action 1 whom apparently won't let any of us lessor collectors ever see it or touch it or hold it " Anderson the dentist guy (thumbs u

I thought the correct designation for Want List Dave was Oklahoma Dave (shrug)

I can live with that!

I thought the correct designation for Want List Dave was Oklahoma Dave (shrug)

Steve is correct, as usual.

They have always been distinguished as Oklahoma Dave and Virginia Dave. Never heard Virginia Dave referred to as "the Dentist" until I read it here last year.

so, what I am trying to say is, I prefer to call him Dave "Mile High Action 1 whom apparently won't let any of us lessor collectors ever see it or touch it or hold it " Anderson the dentist guy (thumbs u

lol......its good to see a sense of humor around here.....and also....that you all know each other pretty well....(first name basis). Are any of you out in Oregon???

lol......its good to see a sense of humor around here.....and also....that you all know each other pretty well....(first name basis). Are any of you out in Oregon???

well, half the group showers together, but outside of that, first name basis is fine lol

well, half the group showers together, but outside of that, first name basis is fine lol
:o Some of you shower together?

I must be hanging out with the wrong half! :cry:

:sorry:

The dirty half? (shrug)

Hmmmm......high school and prison are the two "shower together" thoughts that came to my mind.....if its not one of those two......I don't think I want to know :grin:

Something a little different.

I was going through some scans and realized I had these.

Back covers of Marvel 1 - 10...

mm1b.jpg

mm2b.jpg

mm3b.jpg

mm4b.jpg

mm5b.jpg

mm6b.jpg

mm7b.jpg

mm8b.jpg

mm9b.jpg

mm10b.jpg

The back covers are slightly different on 7 and 10 (the return address Dept. # is slightly different to track which ad is working).

interesting... like you, I like to collect comic books with back covers too (thumbs u

Me three?

Do you guys collect comics with centerfolds?