• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,019 posts in this topic

Looks like "JAN 3 1944".

Don't see a lot of date stamps that early.

That was the first thing that caught my eye when I got the book in hand. I am a big fan of date stamps and I don't ever remember seeing one earlier than this.Imagine, this book was dropped on some newstand somewhere while countries were waging battle across the ocean.As someone else mentioned, this was also the first small book of the run so paper and steel drives where also in place. Pretty cool!R.

Looks like "JAN 3 1944. Don't see a lot of date stamps that early.

not vintage date stamps, maybe, but Roy just back-dates the little machine and stamps it when a new book arrives. should that be disclosed?

Originally Posted By: Mutant Manatee

not vintage date stamps, maybe, but Roy just back-dates the little machine and stamps it when a new book arrives. should that be disclosed?

This my friends proves that it takes a good criminal mind to make a great lawyer. :baiting: (just going easy on you cause you're one day older today) :gossip::headbang: Edited by r1970d

Originally Posted By: r1970d
just going easy on you cause you're one day older today

Roy, it appears i have to age, but i can damn well stay immature FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank the good lord that we are given that option! :banana:

Originally Posted By: r1970d
just going easy on you cause you're one day older today

Roy, it appears i have to age, but i can damn well stay immature FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you don't even have to work at it...immaturity comes naturally! (thumbs u

Originally Posted By: Mutant Manatee

:roflmao:

Originally Posted By: Detroit Mike
woo hoo! she's a beauty! what's the grade? are you gonna crack it out?

it is pretty, isn't it \(thumbs u

Great book Steve! One of my faves as well!So Stephen Ritter and I were having a discussion in Detroit. Can you guys figure out what the story is behind that cover of MMC #7? What is actually going on there? If we talked about this in Detroit gang, don't let the cat out of the bag. :popcorn:R.

Originally Posted By: Detective27Kid
 Originally Posted By: Detroit Mike
woo hoo! she's a beauty! what's the grade? are you gonna crack it out?

it is pretty, isn't it \(thumbs u

Great book Steve! One of my faves as well!

So Stephen Ritter and I were having a discussion in Detroit.

Can you guys figure out what the story is behind that cover of MMC #7? What is actually going on there?

If we talked about this in Detroit gang, don't let the cat out of the bag.

popcorn.gif

R.

The bad guys in the diving suits are going to flood the room so that they can operate on the girl underwater where the Torch won't be able to interfere. Even the girl will be kept alive by the helmet and oxygen on the operating table. (shrug)