• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

Oh man! I'll just take my piddling little collection back home. :sorry:

Seriously, thanks for posting this run. You guys made my night! :whee:

:grin: Straw-Man & Bedrock are good cheap dates. (thumbs u

After trying to collect even low-grade Timelys, hooray for cheap dates!

:foryou:

Between Billy, Bedrock and Timely there's been a heap of Golden Age Cap goodness on these Boards!!! (worship)

Between Billy, Bedrock, Cat and Timely there's been a heap of Golden Age Cap goodness on these Boards!!! (worship)

Fixed that for ya! :devil:

:applause: I'll second your motion and leave myself out of the mix because I can't find a small enough font. :grin:

I have now "fixed" the fix. :foryou:

cap2.jpg

That's a first. I had never seen remarks on label stating that a book was "pressed."

I'd seen a few at the very beginning of CGC but my understanding is that a certain Oklahoma City collector/investor/lawyer threatened holy {SPOON} when he sent in a large batch of comics that came back PLOD pressed and that was the end of the pressed designation.

As always on rumors :gossip: your milage may vary. :devil:

cap2.jpg

That's a first. I had never seen remarks on label stating that a book was "pressed."

I'd seen a few at the very beginning of CGC but my understanding is that a certain Oklahoma City collector/investor/lawyer threatened holy {SPOON} when he sent in a large batch of comics that came back PLOD pressed and that was the end of the pressed designation.

When a cover is noted as being cleaned and pressed, it means that it has been wet washed. The two go together. The only way of getting it flat again is to press it.

cap2.jpg

Now I wonder who that might be... hm

:idea: Naw, couldn't be...

earlyconphotos-15.jpg

...but if by the most unlikely of coincidences this old photo is of the gentleman to whom you're referring, then I'm sure that his pressing objections to the PLOD label was a selfless act that had our community's best interest at heart. ...Ummm, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! (thumbs u

cap2.jpg

Now I wonder who that might be... hm

:idea: Naw, couldn't be...

earlyconphotos-15.jpg

...but if by the most unlikely of coincidences this old photo is of the gentleman to whom you're referring, then I'm sure that his pressing objections to the PLOD label was a selfless act that had our community's best interest at heart. ...Ummm, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! (thumbs u

:whistle:

the FIRST resto job restoman ever did for me. i don't much like this book, so i bought a cheap, beat-to-hell copy and had him fix it. i've never felt like upgrading it.

cap74.jpg

I don't know how I missed this thread, but (worship)

the FIRST resto job restoman ever did for me. i don't much like this book, so i bought a cheap, beat-to-hell copy and had him fix it. i've never felt like upgrading it.

cap74.jpg

I don't know how I missed this thread, but (worship)

Yeah, it's not easy to miss, Doiby. :grin:

:gossip: BTW, if Billy hates the book that much I can always use a reading copy. :whistle:

DSC01799-1.jpg

I never really noticed how much they all look the same until you posted them side by side.

I wish those old cap covers had some action in them.

At least Superman and Batman back then had pets and rainbows on their covers.

Edited by chunkybutt

I never really noticed how much they all look the same until you posted them side by side.

Kind of like a forum dinner.