• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,099 posts in this topic

cap34_zps87433469.jpg

I cracked this one out of the slab on Thursday. MAN what a center splash page. I'm traveling all this week, but I will take a photo of the interior when I get back. Caps should be raw, not slabbed. Too much goodness on the inside to waste away in a tomb

nice book, pons, but it's kinda weird looking to me; here's what i'm used to.

cap34.jpg

I hope the insides aren't 3D as well

Whenever I see this copy (and after the vertigo subsides), I wonder what prompted the original owner to pick this off the rack. Were all the copies at his local store like this and he had no choice? Was it the last copy available? Or did he look at this oddity and say, "Wow, I've got to have that one."?

cap34.jpg

Whenever I see this copy (and after the vertigo subsides), I wonder what prompted the original owner to pick this off the rack. Were all the copies at his local store like this and he had no choice? Was it the last copy available? Or did he look at this oddity and say, "Wow, I've got to have that one."?

I like to think its the last choice. The original owner of the Ohio pedigree saw that copy, out of 1/2 dozen others, and said, "That's it! that's the one!" Now it is in the hands of someone who obviously loves the nausea inducing thing. :D There is a nice symmetry to this thought that appeals to me.

cap34.jpg

I like to think its the last choice. The original owner of the Ohio pedigree saw that copy, out of 1/2 dozen others, and said, "That's it! that's the one!" Now it is in the hands of someone who obviously loves the nausea inducing thing. :D There is a nice symmetry to this thought that appeals to me.

Does anyone know who was behind the Ohio collection....I really like the cover... and a really nice copy...looks much better than a 7.0 the art this way kinda looks like a Larry Rivers.... nice to see the drawing portion in B+W

Edited by sartre

cap34.jpg

that's assuming it was actually purchased off the rack...might have sat unpurchased at the back of the stack of 34s and somehow may have been given away or stored away.