• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

Jon, since you shared a lot of your recreations, I decided to share the few that I commissioned. First I'll show my copy of the actual book, in this case, this Namora #1 is my first Golden Age book ever!!! I commissioned Ken Bald (the original cover artist) to do this one a few years ago. There is a tissue paper overlay covering the penciled art, which is how it was sent to me & I have yet to have it framed. The next recreation is in the same state. Sorry about the less-than-great photos, they are from my phone.

namora1_zps0a792d3a.jpg

Namora1_zps23856146.jpg

This recreation also has a tissue paper overlay, I suppose to keep the penciled art from smearing. I had Ken do this one at the same time he did the number one. Once again, my copy of the book, then the art.

namora2_zps01d432e9.jpg

Namora2_zps33bc23a5.jpg

Both of those recreations are awesome (worship)

This recreation also has a tissue paper overlay, I suppose to keep the penciled art from smearing. I had Ken do this one at the same time he did the number one. Once again, my copy of the book, then the art.

namora2_zps01d432e9.jpg

Namora2_zps33bc23a5.jpg

Agreed, that's beautiful work!!! (worship) Wonderful to get recreated art by the orig. artist. :applause:

namora2_zps01d432e9.jpg

Namora2_zps33bc23a5.jpg

.... yeah they are..... they're almost too cool to really exist. What a crown jewell..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u