• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

This recreation also has a tissue paper overlay, I suppose to keep the penciled art from smearing. I had Ken do this one at the same time he did the number one. Once again, my copy of the book, then the art.

namora2_zps01d432e9.jpg

Namora2_zps33bc23a5.jpg

Both of those recreations are awesome (worship)

Agreed, that's beautiful work!!! (worship) Wonderful to get recreated art by the orig. artist. :applause:

Thanks Cat :) I was astounded that at 92 years young, he was not only interested in doing this, but that his pencil is just as sharp as ever!!! :headbang:

This recreation also has a tissue paper overlay, I suppose to keep the penciled art from smearing. I had Ken do this one at the same time he did the number one. Once again, my copy of the book, then the art.

namora2_zps01d432e9.jpg

Namora2_zps33bc23a5.jpg

.... yeah they are..... they're almost too cool to really exist. What a crown jewell..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks Jimbo!!! Yeah, he really did an amazing job on them :cloud9:

namora2_zps01d432e9.jpg

Namora2_zps33bc23a5.jpg

Agreed, that's beautiful work!!! (worship) Wonderful to get recreated art by the orig. artist. :applause:

Thanks Cat :) I was astounded that at 92 years young, he was not only interested in doing this, but that his pencil is just as sharp as ever!!! :headbang:

that's just AWESOME!!! not much more I need to say there (worship)

Thanks Gino :) Ken is only remaining Timely cover artist alive (to my knowledge). I should probably ask if he'd do a Namora #3 for me to complete the set (shrug)

Al Bellman is still alive, but I'm not sure if he did any covers.

Thanks Gino :) Ken is only remaining Timely cover artist alive (to my knowledge). I should probably ask if he'd do a Namora #3 for me to complete the set (shrug)

that really is astonishing!! I have to say I appreciate when a 90 yr old has the dexterity to sign his/her name legibly!! that recreation is just superhuman!! if he was is up to it and enjoys it I would say go for it my friend (thumbs u

Al Bellman is still alive, but I'm not sure if he did any covers.

I met Al a few years ago here in the Twin Cities: VERY nice guy!!! I don't believe he ever drew a cover assignment though .... :sorry:

that really is astonishing!! I have to say I appreciate when a 90 yr old has the dexterity to sign his/her name legibly!! that recreation is just superhuman!! if he was is up to it and enjoys it I would say go for it my friend (thumbs u

Thanks buddy, I might just do that!! I also thought about a Marvel Mystery 86 (the only Marvel Mystery cover he drew)!!! That would be expensive AND time consuming, but what an opportunity!!!!