• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

Thought this kinda belongs here. This scanner I'm using sucks :( Sorry

ht196_zps3c5b0ea8.jpg

Kinda belongs here? More like "absolutely" :applause:

+1 this is simply fantastic :applause: good stuff buddy!!!

Thanks guys :) It's kinda nutty, but Metro has a Human Torch #1 in 9.6 for $150,000.00 and my copy achieves the same look for a mere few hundred!!! As long as they stay in the holders, they look pretty much the same. (shrug)

Excellent point! Human Torch Light may have fewer calories, but it still has gusto! (thumbs u

I agree...now no shunning since these aren't Timely's but to the point I have a few raws and a few slabbed Maris and Light reprints and they clean up pretty darn and are mildly collectible being about 40 yrs old now I would think...I won't venture a guess as to what an All-Star #3 CGC 9.6 with white pages would run in the open market hm and its kind of sad now that I think of it that my Light reprint Plastic Man is in lower grade than the Cat-Man's real deal :o(worship) I got a raw copy reprint as well that I don think would hold up to that beauty!! amazing stuff love that book!!

15534002134_a054044f3f_c.jpg

I know I can't compete with you Timely guys and won't even try. But here is one you don't see every day. I got this in a trade from a guy over 20 years ago. Don't remember what I traded for it but knew it was special even then. I might be the lowest grade copy out there but it cost me nothing and I'm just happy I got a copy at all. Now if I could only find a Marvel Mystery Annual, I could die happy...

captamericaannual_zpse9d47bfc.jpg

I know I can't compete with you Timely guys and won't even try. But here is one you don't see every day. I got this in a trade from a guy over 20 years ago. Don't remember what I traded for it but knew it was special even then. I might be the lowest grade copy out there but it cost me nothing and I'm just happy I got a copy at all. Now if I could only find a Marvel Mystery Annual, I could die happy...

Very cool book!

I think this book puts you on the playing field quite nicely! You got it for free? (worship)

Now if I could only find a Marvel Mystery Annual, I could die happy...

You have now found one....but please stick around for a while...

mmannual.jpg

a friend of mine sold a MM annual to Jamie Graham awhile back. He may still have it.

Nice book Richard but obviously not "crusty" enough for me. Is that a Reprint???

Just pulling your chain...

Bob

lol

Actually CGC thinks it is crusty. They gave it a 2.5. It is missing about 1/3 of the spine paper. But the cover is pretty darn nice so it looks great.

Wow, that seems pretty harsh to me. That presents beautiful. I've thought about having mine restored but everytime I looked at it I would know and I think it would feel a little tainted. It is what it is and I love it anyway. Books with some wear tell a story and have "character". Now, high grade stuff takes my breath away. The fact that a book could last that long without some kid getting a hold of it is amazing.

I guess I've always been more attracted to the "bad" girls...

Wow, that seems pretty harsh to me. That presents beautiful. I've thought about having mine restored but everytime I looked at it I would know and I think it would feel a little tainted. It is what it is and I love it anyway. Books with some wear tell a story and have "character". Now, high grade stuff takes my breath away. The fact that a book could last that long without some kid getting a hold of it is amazing.

Even Rich's raw reader copies look better than most folk's mid/high grades. His eye (for quality) should be insured by Lloyd's of London. smiley-char152.gif

I guess I've always been more attracted to the "bad" girls...

I've always been attracted to bad girls, too.

Alas, on these boards it's mostly guys interested in my junk. :cry:

:kidaround:

I finished of the All Winners run I wanted. Here are a few group shots.

#8 and #12 are my favorite covers of the bunch. It seems like an easy run to acquire in low grade. #15 and #12 took the longest for me to find.

16228325825_ede9a37cbb_b.jpg

16040962300_dc157903ed_o.jpg

16202437666_e2f29a3d17_o.jpg

15605926114_665507d714_o.jpg

CGC census total #s are:

#7 =25

#8 = 30

#9 = 30

#10 = 39

#11 = 31

#12 = 29

#13 = 26

#14 = 35

#15 = 30

#8 and #12 are my favorite covers of the bunch. It seems like an easy run to acquire in low grade. #15 and #12 took the longest for me to find.

CGC census total #s are:

#7 =25

#8 = 30

#9 = 30

#10 = 39

#11 = 31

#12 = 29

#13 = 26

#14 = 35

#15 = 30

nice pile of Timelys :)

Here's a group shot of my favorite Schomburg's USAs.

#7 is still my favorite. These were much tougher to find (and afford) than the All Winners.

16227526882_b6b516c4a1_o.jpg

CGC census total #s are:

#7 =23

#8 = 13

#12 = 19

#13 = 23

CGC census total #s are:

#7 =25

#8 = 30

#9 = 30

#10 = 39

#11 = 31

#12 = 29

#13 = 26

#14 = 35

#15 = 30

Very, very cool! :headbang: Congratulations!

Here's a group shot of my favorite Schomburg's USAs.

#7 is still my favorite. These were much tougher to find (and afford) than the All Winners.

16227526882_b6b516c4a1_o.jpg

CGC census total #s are:

#7 =23

#8 = 13

#12 = 19

#13 = 23

Again, congratulations! These are some awesome books. I got me some Christmas money and I'm debating if I should get an All Select #9, a USA #12, or a Cap 31. hm The USA #12 would be the most expensive but I am leaning towards it.

Thank you!

All 3 of those books (cap 31, as9, and usa 12) are pretty awesome.

I'd prob go cap 31 or usa. I'm not into non war covers much, but if you're going for an entire all select run then...

I am going to get the full run of AS. Its a small run and I'm pretty close to complete right now. Still, I prefer the USA 12 cover and the Cap 31 is a good deal so... hm