• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

Nice. From Veryzl?

Thanks, ...and (thumbs u

For your next test: :grin:

Grainy image notwithstanding, only one of these shadowy characters isn't a registered boardie (can you guess which one?)... hm

383733e7-c8a3-4341-970b-50ccbd182cbd_zps7bfac216.jpg

[font:Times New Roman] >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Redskull fan >>>>>>>>>> Lamont Cranston >>>>>>>>> Ms. Fury >>>>>>>>>> David Merryweather [/font]

I closed out the year with these two pickups.

I've been after these for awhile now!

Schomburg cap motorcycle covers are always fun!

15955674369_c3ce777a1b_b.jpg

Knowing my luck, there will be 20+ USA #8s for sale far cheaper than what I paid for this, but I'm happy the quest is done.

16140999622_2b5c3dfc52_b.jpg

Knowing my luck, there will be 20+ USA #8s for sale far cheaper than what I paid for this, but I'm happy the quest is done.

the 8 won't pop up too much. I was watching that 8 on HA. I thought it would go for a tad more but I think you did well. Very tough book and in my top 5 schomburg cap covers for sure.

GREAT grabs!!!! Can't go wrong with this pair :applause:

the 8 won't pop up too much. I was watching that 8 on HA. I thought it would go for a tad more but I think you did well. Very tough book and in my top 5 schomburg cap covers for sure.

Thanks, I'm happy with the price too since I was prepared to go significantly higher.

Why is USA 8 so hard to come by? Did USAs have much lower print runs? It's a 1943 which doesn't seem like a hard year..

It's interesting how USA 8's cover art stands apart from other GA Cap covers. I feel like it could fit in with Silver age covers easier. I remember someone here mentioning that some of the Schomburg USA covers (#7) were more of a collaboration between Schomburg and another artist. (I can't remember the name). Maybe #8 was as well.

Thanks, I'm happy with the price too since I was prepared to go significantly higher.

Why is USA 8 so hard to come by? Did USAs have much lower print runs? It's a 1943 which doesn't seem like a hard year..

It's interesting how USA 8's cover art stands apart from other GA Cap covers. I feel like it could fit in with Silver age covers easier. I remember someone here mentioning that some of the Schomburg USA covers (#7) were more of a collaboration between Schomburg and another artist. (I can't remember the name). Maybe #8 was as well.

I think the non Capt America Comics titles had smaller print runs. I used to think the 6 and 9 were toughest. 10 has always been the easiest in my opinion. I had 3 copies of 7 within a three month span back in 2007. The 7 is a collaboration (from what I have concluded) of Schomburg (planes and background layouts) and Syd Shores. Although Bucky may have been drawn by Schomburg. Compare Caps head/face in USA7 to USA 8/10, All Selects 1/2, and Cap 28/33 (all pure Schomburg covers). Comics from the peak war years tend to be harder to come by than pre-42 books in my experience. Torch 8 and All Select 1 are "common" for GA Timely standards. Comparatively, All Select 2 and USA 8 are quite tougher.

GREAT grabs!!!! Can't go wrong with this pair :applause:

agreed and nicely done accomplishing that feat!! :applause:

I think the non Capt America Comics titles had smaller print runs. I used to think the 6 and 9 were toughest. 10 has always been the easiest in my opinion. I had 3 copies of 7 within a three month span back in 2007. The 7 is a collaboration (from what I have concluded) of Schomburg (planes and background layouts) and Syd Shores. Although Bucky may have been drawn by Schomburg. Compare Caps head/face in USA7 to USA 8/10, All Selects 1/2, and Cap 28/33 (all pure Schomburg covers). Comics from the peak war years tend to be harder to come by than pre-42 books in my experience. Torch 8 and All Select 1 are "common" for GA Timely standards. Comparatively, All Select 2 and USA 8 are quite tougher.

Thanks for sharing Prime!! Great stuff.

What cover date month and year would you say marks the beginning and end of this peak war time you're talking about? I find even these theories fascinating.

Thanks for sharing Prime!! Great stuff.

What cover date month and year would you say marks the beginning and end of this peak war time you're talking about? I find even these theories fascinating.

hard to say but some of the tougher Timelys are from 1943:

USA 8 (May 1943)

Marvel Mystery 44 (June 1943)

Cap 33 (Dec 1943)

I want to say 1943-44 were the years many comics were sent overseas to war soldiers. That probably contributed to scarcity. My perspective is mainly on Timelys in this time period.

Thought this kinda belongs here. This scanner I'm using sucks :( Sorry

ht196_zps3c5b0ea8.jpg

Kinda belongs here? More like "absolutely" :applause:

+1 this is simply fantastic :applause: good stuff buddy!!!

Thanks guys :) It's kinda nutty, but Metro has a Human Torch #1 in 9.6 for $150,000.00 and my copy achieves the same look for a mere few hundred!!! As long as they stay in the holders, they look pretty much the same. (shrug)

Thought this kinda belongs here. This scanner I'm using sucks :( Sorry

ht196_zps3c5b0ea8.jpg

Kinda belongs here? More like "absolutely" :applause:

+1 this is simply fantastic :applause: good stuff buddy!!!

Thanks guys :) It's kinda nutty, but Metro has a Human Torch #1 in 9.6 for $150,000.00 and my copy achieves the same look for a mere few hundred!!! As long as they stay in the holders, they look pretty much the same. (shrug)

Excellent point! Human Torch Light may have fewer calories, but it still has gusto! (thumbs u