• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

So this is a bit weird, but I kinda think I should say something:

I used to own this All Winners #8, and sold it on the forums some years ago. It was missing its back cover and the front cover was loose. It's now being sold on ebay WITH a back cover:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-Winners-8-Classic-WWII-Nazi-War-Cover-Captain-America-Timely-Golden-Age-/291725310404?hash=item43ec2ef9c4:g:2mIAAOSwQjNW~UJt

I'm sure it's changed hands a few times since I sold it here, but it picked up a back cover somewhere in its travels. At minimum the BC is married, but I'd also be concerned it's not the correct one.

I messaged the seller... he does confirm that the back cover was sourced from another copy.

Edit: and he's noted that in the listing as well. Cool cat. (thumbs u

Although a married back cover isn't consistent with the statement that the book is "complete with no restoration" ... or is it? hm

And you wonder about his not pointing out the married bc until being asked about it.

In any event, it seems like anyone who reads the description gets an accurate view of the book.

Kudos to you for getting him to add this additional info that any buyer will appreciate having. (thumbs u

I messaged the seller... he does confirm that the back cover was sourced from another copy.

Edit: and he's noted that in the listing as well. Cool cat. (thumbs u

Although a married back cover isn't consistent with the statement that the book is "complete with no restoration" ... or is it? hm

And you wonder about his not pointing out the married bc until being asked about it.

In any event, it seems like anyone who reads the description gets an accurate view of the book.

Kudos to you for getting him to add this additional info that any buyer will appreciate having. (thumbs u

+1 Thanks for speaking up! :)

Presents fairly nice for a 1.0. You know my kinda book!!

25585875763_0e5b37a0bf_b.jpg

:golfclap: you cherry picked some fine specimens at the CC auction Gino. Always liked that book, but boy, you and Sqeggs are snatching up all the cool books, save some for the rest of us :baiting: