• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,017 posts in this topic

I recently posted this book that I had just picked up:

comblondephantom22_zpsv5w8g8ov.jpg

I was pretty quickly contacted by a boardie asking me if I would be interested in parting with it. He needed it to complete his run of Blonde Phantom. Now he didn't do it in the usual tacky way that most boardies go about this:  "How Much?", "It's my "Grail"",  or "What do you want for it?". He asked me if I would be interested in a possible trade. He told me had just broken up his Capt. America complete run. (why any one would ever do that unless they needed a kidney is beyond me). I replied back probably and let him know what I could use. I figured I probably wouldn't get much of a Cap for a book like this. He came back with the book below and said "straight across trade". Wow, really? Who in their right mind wouldn't? 

I don't think I have ever noticed or seen this one. It was nice and arrived glossy and tight. I am over the moon happy with this trade. The boardie is Strawman a true southern gentlemen and a very cool and VERY generous guy. Now, this is how you get Robot Man's books. Not the "money part" but offering something even cooler for my own collection. Thanks Billy, it was a pleasure dealing with you. The Cap ain't going anywhere except to the junk box with the rest of my paltry Cap collection!

comcaptamerica25_zpsl9q9wlrm.jpg

10 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I don't think I have ever noticed or seen this one. It was nice and arrived glossy and tight. I am over the moon happy with this trade. The boardie is Strawman a true southern gentlemen and a very cool and VERY generous guy. Now, this is how you get Robot Man's books. Not the "money part" but offering something even cooler for my own collection. Thanks Billy, it was a pleasure dealing with you. The Cap ain't going anywhere except to the junk box with the rest of my paltry Cap collection!

Is there a second Strawman on the boards? hm

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:
17 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Is there a second Strawman on the boards? hm

No Squeegs, just the one and only. I guess I was so excited by this book, I neglected to "proof read" my post correctly. Wow, you guys are sure sensitive about your boardie names...

I was just joshing about the Southern gentleman part, which, of course, he is, as well as being a prince and a scholar and one hell of a dancer. :)

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

I recently posted this book that I had just picked up:

comblondephantom22_zpsv5w8g8ov.jpg

I was pretty quickly contacted by a boardie asking me if I would be interested in parting with it. He needed it to complete his run of Blonde Phantom. Now he didn't do it in the usual tacky way that most boardies go about this:  "How Much?", "It's my "Grail"",  or "What do you want for it?". He asked me if I would be interested in a possible trade. He told me had just broken up his Capt. America complete run. (why any one would ever do that unless they needed a kidney is beyond me). I replied back probably and let him know what I could use. I figured I probably wouldn't get much of a Cap for a book like this. He came back with the book below and said "straight across trade". Wow, really? Who in their right mind wouldn't? 

Sweet book, want to sell it?  :insane:

I have to vent. Bought a book that I still plan to keep but the dealers discription was "pro resto" and no mention of trimming. Now I'm not an expert by any stretch but when I saw the piece fill on the interior pages it struck me as amateur. I send it for grading and sure enough it gets the amatuer resto tag but most annoying of all is "trimming on all three sides". Not sure how that could have been missed because when I compare it to the size of other GA books [and I don't have many right now] its clear that the book had been trimmed. I hate the feeling that I have been screwed over by a major dealer. I might has still bought the book anyways but the non disclosure or perhaps deceptive disclosure irks me to no end.