• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

More MM's but not from Clink this is an upgrade from my first Marvel Mystery comic that I ever purchased.  The original is a beater with felt pen color touches but I'll still keep it.  Bought it at Dragon Lady Comics in Toronto around 20 years ago.  They had just got it 3 long boxes of Gold, I remember seeing some Caps, MM's and my first Amazing Man (#7).  Didn't have the funds to get anything more than the beater MM 31 but I picked that one because it had Everett art on the inside!

MM 31 CGC 7.5 w.jpeg

46 minutes ago, podboy66 said:

More MM's but not from Clink this is an upgrade from my first Marvel Mystery comic that I ever purchased.  The original is a beater with felt pen color touches but I'll still keep it.  Bought it at Dragon Lady Comics in Toronto around 20 years ago.  They had just got it 3 long boxes of Gold, I remember seeing some Caps, MM's and my first Amazing Man (#7).  Didn't have the funds to get anything more than the beater MM 31 but I picked that one because it had Everett art on the inside!

MM 31 CGC 7.5 w.jpeg

This book is just too cool :applause:

11 hours ago, podboy66 said:

Here are some new ones, took a run at a bunch of Jamie Graham's Marvel Mysteries and got 3.  Alas I was the underbidder on about 10 more!  

Here's a nice looking MM 13

MM 13 CGC 6.0 oww.jpeg

Great run you got there!

On 2017-5-1 at 10:49 PM, podboy66 said:

MM 31 CGC 7.5 w.jpeg

You're talking about the "Duke" collection of course.

Edited by comicnoir

6 hours ago, podboy66 said:

The "Duke" collection?  Please share some details......Thanks

I'm in Toronto and about 20 years ago Dragon Lady acquired a collection sold on consignment from a biker guy from the backwoods named Duke. He had been farming this collection around for awhile but no one wanted to pay his price. DL agreed to sell for him. Someone suggested "fixing" some of the problems with the books, thus markers were used. He had some nice esoteric stuff. Timely's, Atom -age comics etc. I bought a few, my first Golden Age. Everybody knew of it. Harley went to see it, which required some backroad travelling, and when Duke looked out and saw he wasn't white, started shooting, this being a story I heard. A doctor friend of mine went to see the collection and purchased quite a few. The guy was Jed Clampett basically. Never met him and have long sold any copies I purchased. I seem to remember I had a Marvel Mystery 36 in fine, no resto. Should have kept it.

1 hour ago, comicnoir said:

I'm in Toronto and about 20 years ago Dragon Lady acquired a collection sold on consignment from a biker guy from the backwoods named Duke. He had been farming this collection around for awhile but no one wanted to pay his price. DL agreed to sell for him. Someone suggested "fixing" some of the problems with the books, thus markers were used. He had some nice esoteric stuff. Timely's, Atom -age comics etc. I bought a few, my first Golden Age. Everybody knew of it. Harley went to see it, which required some backroad travelling, and when Duke looked out and saw he wasn't white, started shooting, this being a story I heard. A doctor friend of mine went to see the collection and purchased quite a few. The guy was Jed Clampett basically. Never met him and have long sold any copies I purchased. I seem to remember I had a Marvel Mystery 36 in fine, no resto. Should have kept it.

"Jed" should've at least listened to Harley's offer before he started shooting.   hm

12 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

"Jed" should've at least listened to Harley's offer before he started shooting.   hm

By that time it would have been at close range and Harley would not be here.

5 hours ago, comicnoir said:

Thanks for sharing the back story, good thing I got mine from DL and not Duke himself as I might not be here too.

On 5/1/2017 at 7:41 PM, podboy66 said:

Here are some new ones, took a run at a bunch of Jamie Graham's Marvel Mysteries and got 3.  Alas I was the underbidder on about 10 more!  

Here's a nice looking MM 13

MM 13 CGC 6.0 oww.jpeg

This one doesn't seem to get a lot of love, but I've always liked it