• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Still hoping for a VF someday, but this will have to do for now. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

67Lp0BM.jpg

It would definitely do for me! :)

On 5/17/2017 at 8:11 AM, Silver Surfer said:

Just make sure it does not have undisclosed trimming! I was burnt twice recently by Metro.

that would be a real bummer and I hope that's not the case.  It's in the hands of the graders now.

1 minute ago, Silver Surfer said:

Oh its true, already graded and done. I will say my piece in due time but right now I'm too upset.

When, you're up for it, I'd like to hear the details.  I imagine I'm not the only one.

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

When, you're up for it, I'd like to hear the details.  I imagine I'm not the only one.

Ok I can't wait because its annoying me so much. "Trimmed on all 3 sides"! It was an early MMC [Timely] so any veteran dealer could tell that it was much smaller than any of the first 5-6 issues by a country mile. So I just bring it to their attention and first I get the refund policy thrown at me [I didn't ask for a refund up front, was hoping they could have stood behind their stuff especially since it was so conveniently missed]. And then I m told that their listing indicated that the resto "may include" such items as tears seal, Pro resto [it was noted as amateur! The piece fill looked like it was done with paper mache!!!!]. And because the listing said "may include" apparently that excuses them from any responsibility. Customer service at its finest!

I haven't even received an acknowledgement yet on the other book but I know that they are busy and at this stage I not sure it even matters. The second book is from 1940 and is apparently from an OA collection so I guess they trim books back then too? No wonder it was sold raw. 

51 minutes ago, Silver Surfer said:

Ok I can't wait because its annoying me so much. "Trimmed on all 3 sides"! It was an early MMC [Timely] so any veteran dealer could tell that it was much smaller than any of the first 5-6 issues by a country mile. So I just bring it to their attention and first I get the refund policy thrown at me [I didn't ask for a refund up front, was hoping they could have stood behind their stuff especially since it was so conveniently missed]. And then I m told that their listing indicated that the resto "may include" such items as tears seal, Pro resto [it was noted as amateur! The piece fill looked like it was done with paper mache!!!!]. And because the listing said "may include" apparently that excuses them from any responsibility. Customer service at its finest!

I haven't even received an acknowledgement yet on the other book but I know that they are busy and at this stage I not sure it even matters. The second book is from 1940 and is apparently from an OA collection so I guess they trim books back then too? No wonder it was sold raw. 

Ouch man that has to hurt.

Hurts only in that I supported them for years, tried to defend what was a good relationship even when they were getting bashed for years by others who had similar misfortunes. I gave them the benefit of the doubt,  I have sold collections to them. I'm not a big fish in the pond but I have spent some money with them and I would have been a client for many more years. 

Edited by Silver Surfer

On 5/17/2017 at 10:11 AM, Silver Surfer said:

Just make sure it does not have undisclosed trimming! I was burnt twice recently by Metro.

I hate to hear that!

I also just returned a Weird Science #14 to them because two sides were trimmed and it was not known and not disclosed.  I posted the scans in the Comic Book Grading and Restoration Forum for opinions.   I should be getting a refund soon.

I thought it was just a random ocurrence.

At the very least, it appears to be a lack of quality control on their part or maybe not...

Edited by chevalmeow
add comment.