• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

That Mystic 3 is awesome.  I've got just the front cover, but that scene is amazing.  I recently acquired a low grade Timely which I am loving right now.

Daring Mystery 2 CGC .5 missing back cvr with small amount ct and tape.  The hooded menace guillotine cover is sensational.  Early Schomburg rocks :headbang:

28covw1.jpg

13 minutes ago, mwotka said:

That Mystic 3 is awesome.  I've got just the front cover, but that scene is amazing.  I recently acquired a low grade Timely which I am loving right now.

Daring Mystery 2 CGC .5 missing back cvr with small amount ct and tape.  The hooded menace guillotine cover is sensational.  Early Schomburg rocks :headbang:

28covw1.jpg

Very cool! 

59 minutes ago, mwotka said:

28covw1.jpg

Yeah, early Schomburg does indeed rock. :)  I've concentrated on his mid career stuff but now I am starting to branch out and pick up early and late examples of his work.  I've always loved the Daring and Mystic covers. Pulpy goodness!:whee:

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

and mystic 2 is the fave of the other run.

myst2.jpg

Love the "slide of death"!  I've got a low grade example of that too. So much fun stuff going on.  And if you notice, Dynamic Man actually has bullet reflecting bracelets, a full year before we see them more prominently somewhere else...  hm

I need a Daring Mystery 1 real bad, but they go for quite a bit more.  That rocket car is breathtaking!

5 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

daring 1 will always be me my fave timely cover.

daring1.jpg

You gotta like Fiery Mask's style.  He's in the far future, but he's gonna konk the bad guy with a medieval weapon.  Ray guns are for wimps!

I had the Sub-Mariner #10 File Copy, sold it to a fellow boardie.

All the File Copies had a piece of paper (index card) stapled to it showing art info & payments. Verzyl owned most of these & told me he still has the cards.  I think he said he has a few books left with the cards still stapled to them when we talked about them last year.

21 hours ago, Timely said:

I had the Sub-Mariner #10 File Copy, sold it to a fellow boardie.

All the File Copies had a piece of paper (index card) stapled to it showing art info & payments. Verzyl owned most of these & told me he still has the cards.  I think he said he has a few books left with the cards still stapled to them when we talked about them last year.

Strange they won't get a label notation since these were (literally!) card-carrying file copies.