• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, fleepunyhumans said:

The USA 7 is an especially nice pickup. Very elusive. I’ve only seen a couple copies come up in 20 years. I grabbed one too!

It’s tough, but people tend to hold their copies. I once was lucky and scored three copies (2.5, 3.5, 5.0) 11 years ago in a span of a few months. The 8 is much tougher. 

3 hours ago, fishbone said:

Was lucky to grab off of Metro's site pre-Comicconnect....was some concern about it maybe being restored, but they were bang on in assuring me it wasn't. So glad I pulled the trigger, it is one of my probably-will-never-sell-ever books  !!

Glad it came out blue. 

1 hour ago, Primetime said:
5 hours ago, fishbone said:

Was lucky to grab off of Metro's site pre-Comicconnect....was some concern about it maybe being restored, but they were bang on in assuring me it wasn't. So glad I pulled the trigger, it is one of my probably-will-never-sell-ever books  !!

Glad it came out blue. 

If it hadn't, he'd have been blue. :)

2 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

I don't have very many two Submariner timely books #2 and very last issue #32. I'll throw in entire Atlas run because it's still golden age. From fighting nazis to communists I love this guy :)!

IMG_2634.JPG

IMG_2636.JPG

IMG_3205.JPG

IMG_3207.JPG

IMG_3209.JPG

IMG_3211.JPG

IMG_3213.JPG

IMG_3215.JPG

Great stuff, big fan of Subby myself!

Mexican reprint I picked up on holiday.  Inside is in Spanish.  There were some posts about D.C. reprints last year that I couldn't locate, so posting this here and hoping it's interesting enough that I'm not thread-jacking. 

I assume the D.C. reprints sold well enough (they are still selling this year - so I picked up Flash #1 in Spanish too) that Marvel released its own line. 

12292017002.jpg

Edited by path4play

On 30/12/2017 at 5:45 PM, path4play said:

Mexican reprint I picked up on holiday.  Inside is in Spanish.  There were some posts about D.C. reprints last year that I couldn't locate, so posting this here and hoping it's interesting enough that I'm not thread-jacking. 

I assume the D.C. reprints sold well enough (they are still selling this year - so I picked up Flash #1 in Spanish too) that Marvel released its own line. 

12292017002.jpg

Nice! A pity they did leave in english the cover texts/lettering.
Here’s the german edition from 1999 which I find very exciting for the prohibition still in act to showcase swastika and other nazist symbols outside of historical and educational material:

Xdsin3q.jpg

On 12/31/2017 at 5:16 PM, vaillant said:

Nice! A pity they did leave in english the cover texts/lettering.
Here’s the german edition from 1999 which I find very exciting for the prohibition still in act to showcase swastika and other nazist symbols outside of historical and educational material:

Xdsin3q.jpg

The change kind of makes Hitler seem like he was running a waffle house. hm