• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Canadian Variants

14 posts in this topic

I was just wondering how much of a price difference there is between a comic published in the U.S. vs. a Canadian copy. I just noticed (I bought this book about 3 days ago) that the Batman #61 I bought is the Canadian version published by Simcoe Publishing. I paid pretty much the value of a U.S. copy. THoughts?

I think that the percentage is above 50% guide because it is rare and not many were printed out there. I heard that the Pence copies were the ones that would go for lower, but the Canadian versions are about the same price as the U.S. version. The sale of the CGC 8.5 Bat 61 is an example of selling about the same as a U.S.

I would think 50% of US value would be appropriate for a mid grade...high grade you really can't compare (apples to oranges)... but, I don't know the Canadian market at all, so Jim, Peter, etc are better to listen too (shrug)

So you were able to sell the copy you were unhappy with because you noticed it was Canadian? Congrats... what venue did you sell it on?

Jim

No, I still have it and may keep it. Of course if anyone collects Canadian variants and wants it bad, then I'm open to sell it at the price I paid for it.

I would think 50% of US value would be appropriate for a mid grade...high grade you really can't compare (apples to oranges)... but, I don't know the Canadian market at all, so Jim, Peter, etc are better to listen too (shrug)

The copy I have is in VF condition. The only difference I noticed is the back cover.

The copy I have is in VF condition. The only difference I noticed is the back cover.

then that should still appeal to higher grade collectors, right?

then that should still appeal to higher grade collectors, right?

I would think so :wishluck: Considering that an 8.5 sold for about $585 back in 2005.

Yes I am trying to complete a high grade set of Canadian (Superior) Timelys but I am in no way, shape or form an expert. All questions should be directed to Peter.

Jim

It seems to depend on which issue/grade. I don't understand why they would sell at deep discounts, since they are rarer than the US editions. I have a Weird Fantasy #8 CDN version in 8.5; if somebody offered me half the US value, I'd tell them where to go.