• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Flash Quarterly 1, USA 1, Green Lantern #3, World's Finest 3 and 5 and more!

19 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone. I am going to list quite a few very nice golden age books on this thread. I am liquidating my entire collection and these beauties are what remain! I have a full refund policy if anyone is not happy with the grade, as long as the book is returned in the same condition as when shipped within 4 days of receipt.I am basing most pricing on the new Overstreet Guide...It should be noted that none of these books have been pressed or restored. We ship USPS Priority Mail / Signature required for books under $500. We ship Federal Express for books or orders over $500. Buyer pays shipping. PM's are OK but first :takeit: takes it!! Also, as a bonus... I am right next to the CGC and will bring the book to them should you want it graded...free of charge. (Buyer pays the grading fees...I will just be the courier!) I take PayPal...or local pickup is fine. Would take money order as well as long as it is sent promptly.Up first!World's Finest Comics #5Introduction of TNT & Dan the Dyna-Mite. Last King and Crimson AvengerPublished in Spring of 19456.0 conditionCream pages$750

scan0041.jpg

scan0042.jpg

World's Finest #33.5 conditionOff White pagesThe Sandman begins; Last Johnny Thunder. Origin and 1st appearance of The Scarecrow$590
scan0043.jpg

scan0044.jpg

I am posting the cover on this beauty twice! One with the staple that was attached to the top of the cover for some reason...and one with it removed... USA Comics #1August of 1941 Published by TimelyOrigin Major Liberty (Called Mr. Liberty #1), Rockman by WolvertonFirst appearance of The Whizzer by Avison; The Defender with sidekick Rusty and Jack Frost begins. The Young Aventer only appearance. S&K cover plus 1 page art5.5 conditionCream to Off White pagesTHIS BOOK MOVED TO EBAY

scan0045.jpg

scan0046.jpg

scan0047.jpg

Dell Giant #51CGC graded 9.2Off White to White pagesTarzan, King of the JungleJesse Marsh art2nd highest CGC grade in existence$200SOLD!!! :news:scan0057.jpg

scan0058.jpg

scan0059.jpg

Mask of Dr. Fu ManchuCGC graded 5.0 Slight Apparent restorationRestoration includes: Spine split sealed to cover, small amount of glue on spine of coverOff White to White pagesWally Wood cover and art$190SOLD!!! :news:scan0075-1.jpg

scan0061.jpg

scan0062.jpg

Four Color #1077CGC 9.2Off White to White pagesHenry Fonda photo coverJohn Buscema artDell Publishing February - April 1960$200SOLD!!! :news:scan0063.jpg

scan0064.jpg

scan0065.jpg

Fantasy Illustrated #1CGC 7.5Bill Spicer, Winter of 1963/64Otto Binder StoryAl Weiss artAdam Link StoryWhite pages3rd highest graded copy$150SOLD!!! :news:scan0066.jpg

scan0067.jpg

scan0068.jpg

Aquaman #2Nick Cardy cover and artDC Comics March 1962Cream to Off White pages$475SOLD!!! :news:scan0069.jpg

scan0070.jpg

scan0071.jpg

Secret Love #nnCGC 8.0Fox Features SyndicatePublished in 1949Very minor amount of glue on coverCream to Off White pagesFox Giant$475SOLD!!! :news:scan0072.jpg

scan0073-1.jpg

scan0074-2.jpg

Secret Love #nnCGC 8.0Fox Features SyndicatePublished in 1949Very minor amount of glue on coverCream to Off White pagesFox Giant$475scan0072.jpg

scan0073-1.jpg

scan0074-2.jpg

Beauty! I wish this was a St. John giant. You wouldn't happen to have any of those?

All-Flash Quarterly #1Summer of 1941Very Good + (4.5) QualifiedStaples replaced w/ tape over staplesSome rust from previous staples and slight migration on first few pagesThere is a punch hole over the letter U in Quarterly (Only on the cover..does not go through to interior pages)"Jordans Guaranteed Complete" stamp on coverJordans stamp is also some interior pages and on side of bookNice bold colors! Nice in hand.Overstreet values this at $2,850 in 4.0. Asking $3,000 or best offerBook has not been pressed but clearly would be improved if done.

scan0077-1.jpg

scan0076-1.jpg

Hello to everyone. I am going to list quite a few very nice golden age books on this thread. I am liquidating my entire collection and these beauties are what remain! I have a full refund policy if anyone is not happy with the grade, as long as the book is returned in the same condition as when shipped within 4 days of receipt.I am basing most pricing on the new Overstreet Guide...It should be noted that none of these books have been pressed or restored. We ship USPS Priority Mail / Signature required for books under $500. We ship Federal Express for books or orders over $500. Buyer pays shipping. PM's are OK but first :takeit: takes it!! Also, as a bonus... I am right next to the CGC and will bring the book to them should you want it graded...free of charge. (Buyer pays the grading fees...I will just be the courier!) I take PayPal...or local pickup is fine. Would take money order as well as long as it is sent promptly.Up first!World's Finest Comics #5Introduction of TNT & Dan the Dyna-Mite. Last King and Crimson AvengerPublished in Spring of 19456.0 conditionCream pages$750
scan0041.jpg

scan0042.jpg

World's Finest #33.5 conditionOff White pagesThe Sandman begins; Last Johnny Thunder. Origin and 1st appearance of The Scarecrow$590
scan0043.jpg

scan0044.jpg

Not to undermine the sale of this book, but this cover looks so wrong.