• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RE: SS Books from NYCC

119 posts in this topic

I did get back an Amazing Spider-man #149 (9.0) I thought it was an 8.5 & Marvel Preveiw #2 with the 4th App of The Punisher (Origin) I Got an 8.0, I thought that one would grade a 9.2 at least

I just submitted 30 books and am sweating bullets. And will be doing so for about 45 days.

My submission has sat on 'received' for the last two weeks.

I checked the CGC site and they were running behind on moderns. But I would imagine they need about 30 new workers for the brainstorm tier change. I am surprised they dont have a seperate holding area just for what must have been received.

I had three CGC 9.8 modern books signed in New York. Two are now CGC 9.6 SS books. :(

I had 15 CGC 9.8 modern books signed at Emerald City. I am a bit nervous about the results. :wishluck:

Thats sucks. :frustrated:

On another note:

To be honest their modern grading the last 9 months have been terrible.

I have seen way to many gift 9.8's been giving out on Modern TREK that are not even close to mint status.

Sorry to hear about this, Pat. :sorry:
Thanks Nick. Wish the purchases were through you... :foryou:

Pat: Sorry you didn't get the grades you wanted. The part I don't understand is that the theme of this thread is that you are disappointed with a couple of board purchases and now wished that you bought the books from a couple of the stronger board graders (the Nik/Nicks) yet when the raw books arrived for all intents and purposes you agreed with the grade. It wasn't until you received the CGC grades that you became disappointed. So are you upset with CGC in general (the delay of your books) or that you maybe skimmed over these books to fast?

Jim

Sorry to hear about this, Pat. :sorry:
Thanks Nick. Wish the purchases were through you... :foryou:

Pat: Sorry you didn't get the grades you wanted. The part I don't understand is that the theme of this thread is that you are disappointed with a couple of board purchases and now wished that you bought the books from a couple of the stronger board graders (the Nik/Nicks) yet when the raw books arrived for all intents and purposes you agreed with the grade. It wasn't until you received the CGC grades that you became disappointed. So are you upset with CGC in general (the delay of your books) or that you maybe skimmed over these books to fast?

Jim

The one book. I am lost, I will call for graders notes. The other had a small tear that I really hadnt noticed until NYCC when Foolkiller and I were standing around at the CGC booth. I am let down about A. my missing something on the one book, and I did agree with the grade when I purchased it. I have also spoken to the seller about it, and we are both confused. The book was a solid 9.0, so somewhere I must have missed something, but damned if I know what. B. The Hulk 180 I gave a quick flip through, and didnt notice the tear until the paper work was being filed after it was signed. As Nik stated, that was the kiss of death.

As far as CGC goes, thems the breaks. As far as the people I bought from, well I would probably give them both the benefit of the doubt and still deal with. The biggest culprit is MYSELF. I should have caught this stuff. It just sucks that the money was already sunk in, and I didnt catch this stuff when they were received.

The only book that I purchased myself, and looked through was the bats 232. I figured maybe a "soft" 8.0, it got a 7.5. It was just graded a bit tighter. And I still believe that this was proper.

But yes, I am the biggest loser for not paying closer attention to what I purchased. I have a habit of buying books and just putting them in "the box". My comments towards Nik, and Nick were basically that I wouldnt have had to look over the books. Even though I did look at the last book I bought from NIK, and it was dead on and a beautiful example of the issue.

If you were happy with the books in their raw form, why are they now essentially worthless to you?

Oh wait, I forgot where I was. Sorry. :baiting: