• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective 400 9.6

20 posts in this topic

Semi Key, however for Adams fans it is a bigger key.

In terms of investment not sure I could see the price exploding that much on it. 1st appearance of Man-Bat (who ?) but has a seminal cover. For the range its going for now (9.4s 1500+, 9.6s 3K+) I think its a little above what you would expect for the book.

There haven't been a lot of new additions to the census....but it has been on a long slow climb and will probably plateau for a while. Adams collectors treasure it and I had heard some rumors about Man Bat in a Bat movie,which would probably translate well....but that would probably just cement the value rather than increase it. I would still love to have one...one of my favorite covers of all time.Every time I ever sold one I made a profit.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I love the Man Bat and would love a higher grade copy of this book. I think it's one of the better Bat books that Adams has done. It blows away Batman #251 in my opinion.

I love the Man Bat and would love a higher grade copy of this book. I think it's one of the better Bat books that Adams has done. It blows away Batman #251 in my opinion.

(thumbs u

Me too. Brillian art, brilliant story, brilliant cover. I'm a Mavel guy but I've always loved DC.

Tec 400.... :cloud9:

Investment? More speculation at this point, unless you are silly enough to start some collection that involves getting every Adams cover. Then you might be nuts.

Nice cover, obscure villian, very short life, hard to call it a key. IMHO

:grin:

just got back my Tec 400, pressed three times for luck:

Before:

scan400.jpg

After:

detec400-98-cgcfun.jpg

:banana:

:o Is that your 9.8? Beauty!!!

No, sorry, this is owned by someone else, it just made for fun post. Someone on these boards owns it, I just got to see it and get a copy of it. Sounds crazy but I like mine just the same. (shrug)

here it is:

DetectiveComics400CGC96OW-WP.jpg

I would personally dump the 9.8 for stupid money and be more then happy with a 9.4 or 9.6, and that 9.8 is simply mind blowing sweet.

I would personally dump the 9.8 for stupid money and be more then happy with a 9.4 or 9.6, and that 9.8 is simply mind blowing sweet.

Same here. Alot of books while winning the proverbial pizzing contest, I would much rather have the cash. Sell the 9.8 buy a nice 9.4. But again, I just want a 9.0. I am much more focused on 359 at the moment, hoping to score a raw 8.0/5

No, sorry, this is owned by someone else, it just made for fun post. Someone on these boards owns it, I just got to see it and get a copy of it. Sounds crazy but I like mine just the same. (shrug)

here it is:

I prefer your well-centered 9.6 copy over the 9.8 miswrapped copy.

here it is:

Me too.

here it is:

Me too.

I still do not know what CGC took off to make it a 9.6. I wish I cleaned the scanner before scanning, but my Tec is really really nice. Nice wrap, nice price. It also gets a fellow boardie off the hook for talking me out of the Rosa copy last year that I passed on. I thought I missed my chance, but it turned out cheaper and just as nice.

I see a prominent spine stress just above Batman's cape...but you could call CGC and ask them what the grader's notes say. That stress alone may not be enough to keep it out of 9.8...unless it was deep. Anyhow they would have the best answer.

(shrug)

I see a prominent spine stress just above Batman's cape...but you could call CGC and ask them what the grader's notes say. That stress alone may not be enough to keep it out of 9.8...unless it was deep. Anyhow they would have the best answer.

(shrug)

Its not there, it is from the scanner. I've checked three times. I'll have to clean the scanner and re-do it.