• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOLVERINE SLAYS BOX OFFICE!

16 posts in this topic

I'm actually glad it did better then the other movie that opened this weekend, but I doubt it will do well this weekend since Star Trek will be opening Friday.

I will be seeing Star Trek this week also.Can`t wait for Trek.

I'm actually glad it did better then the other movie that opened this weekend, but I doubt it will do well this weekend since Star Trek will be opening Friday.

Kirk dies :gossip:

WOLVERINE slashed through those vicious film critics' reviews!

I will be seeing it in a couple of days and expect it to be on par with Dark Knight but not on par with Slumdog Millionaire or Frost/Nixon.

a fun Popcorn movie.

Dark Knight is in another league compared to Wolverine. Don't expect ambition from this film...

Kirk dies :gossip:

If I can survive Marley from Marley and Me, I can survive any movie characters death!

Just think of the money it would make if it was a "good" movie...

The first weekend is solely based on the ad and hype machine, it's the second and subsequent week's BO totals that are based on the movie's overall quality and word-of-mouth.

That's why Dark Knight was a steamroller months into its release and stuff like Watchmen and Wolverine did/will tank in their second week.

Just think of the money it would make if it was a "good" movie...

The first weekend is solely based on the ad and hype machine, it's the second and subsequent week's BO totals that are based on the movie's overall quality and word-of-mouth.

That's why Dark Knight was a steamroller months into its release and stuff like Watchmen and Wolverine did/will tank in their second week.

Bravo JC. I'm hoping Wolverine drops 60%+ and maybe the powers that be will get the message that making mediocre krap that draws in the mindless minions for one big weekend isn't a successful formula.

Well the comic community may not like the movie, but the people in the audience and the people in my off ice all liked the movie a lot.

I am not saying it was the greatest movie of all time but it definitely not in the status of Ghost Rider or Elektra.

I agree with some of the things the boardies want to have seen different but some of what you guys want is more of being a fanboy than realistic.

:gossip: Oh, and Gamit POS character to begin with so who cares about his accent.