• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone looking forward to Star Trek??

129 posts in this topic

WOW . :o What a great movie. :applause:

Abrams managed to keep it all together and make a movie that gives the fanchise new legs.

Eric Bana was the only boring thing in the whole movie, although Chekov was starting to annoy me.

It was quite refreshing to see all those young faces with only one prune (Leonard Nimoy) there to keep the two generations connected and pass the torch on.

It was also nice to see a grandpa , father and young kid together in the audience enjoying the same movie.

Now I hope they also create a tv reboot series of one of the Star Trek series like TNG so we don't have to wait 2 years for each theatrical release

Star Trek @ the IMAX!!!

Man this is way to see it!

(worship)

Got my IMAX tickets for tonight at 1:30am. :cloud9:

WOW!!! Just a great movie! Almost everything was perfect especially the guy that played "Bones" (same guy from Lord of the Rings that played the King of Rohan's newphew).

They could have left out a few things like the odd love interest between crew members. Also, I don't know how they can kill a person that was clearly alive in later years per TV series and previous movies. Unless I am missing something.

Anyhow, best movie I have watched in a long time. Enjoyed it more than Dark Knight. Right up there with Lord of the Rings in my book. Definite 4 out of 4 stars.

See it! You won't be disappointed. (thumbs u

They could have left out a few things like the odd love interest between crew members. Also, I don't know how they can kill a person that was clearly alive in later years per TV series and previous movies. Unless I am missing something.

Its a different timeline. This one has 2 Spocks in it

Are you saying what happened to the younger Spock on the planet, DID NOT happen to the older Spock? I thought they were the same Spock, but one was just from the future. Whatever happened to the younger would have happened to the older, but in the past.

Are you saying what happened to the younger Spock on the planet, DID NOT happen to the older Spock? I thought they were the same Spock, but one was just from the future. Whatever happened to the younger would have happened to the older, but in the past.

Spoilers in white type below....

No, the villain up the original time line by going back in time.

That's why Spock's mom is now dead, and Vulcan was destroyed.

Spock went back through the black hole, and now exists in the new timeline.....

Gotcha! Thanks for breaking it down for me.

My wife wants to go see it tonight.

I grew up watching the original series in the 70s. I remember going to see the first movie with my sister in 1979. I loved the movie because it seemed much more sophisticated than the (rather campy) series.

I'm interested to see what they do with a totally new cast. Hope it's good. :wishluck:

[i'm not reading this thread or any other reviews.]

Gotcha! Thanks for breaking it down for me.

No problem, that's why.............. (more white type) ;)Spock was asking Kirk about his father. The Kirk that Spock knew had memories of his Dad, but now Kirk's dad died when he was born.

So all further "adventures of the Enterprise", don't have to follow the TV series' continuity.

hm