• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper age key issues
3 3

240 posts in this topic

I think there should be a category between Major Keys and Keys, for stuff like X-Men 266 and New Mutants 87.

yeah, I think there might be some call for that. Harbinger #1 isn't a major key, but it's much more of a key than New Mutants #98.

:o Seriously? In some circles, NM 98 is THE key book of the copper age. That, and TMNT.

NM 98 is a good money book, and the kids love Deadpool. I can't get excited about a book that has a bajillion copies and pretty bad art. Then again, I do have a bunch of copies of Eradicators #1 so maybe I should bow out.

I think there should be a category between Major Keys and Keys, for stuff like X-Men 266 and New Mutants 87.

yeah, I think there might be some call for that. Harbinger #1 isn't a major key, but it's much more of a key than New Mutants #98.

:o Seriously? In some circles, NM 98 is THE key book of the copper age. That, and TMNT.

I know if you are a fan of Deadpool, things may appear this way. But in general, New Mutants 98 is not THE key book of the Copper Age. There are many other books which may rank higher as critical, depending on your collecting focus.

Especially Adventurers 1 Skeleton Variant. :o:shy:

BAH! Bah, I say. NM 98 is the AF 15 of our generation! No, seriously... It's a key. I am a deadpool fan, so I am a tad biased. Now Adventurers skeleton cover is the Tec 27 of our generation! :acclaim:

NM 98 is a good money book, and the kids love Deadpool. I can't get excited about a book that has a bajillion copies and pretty bad art. Then again, I do have a bunch of copies of Eradicators #1 so maybe I should bow out.

1468B7CF-F999-4DFE-B88D-DB4AC5276D5F-30628-000017548F819948.jpg DAMN! That is bad. Not in a Michael Jackson kind of bad... Just bad. :roflmao:

And from Ron Lim, who'd later become a solid artist hm

actually even in looking at that cover (which looks pretty bad I admit) you can see some talent there if you look hard enough

DAMN! That is bad. Not in a Michael Jackson kind of bad... Just bad. :roflmao:

The logo is possibly the worst logo I've ever seen. The coloring (or lack thereof) is a general disaster. Everything is white or grey and it takes away not only interest but any illusion of three dimensions. The inking isn't so hot. The composition is terrible, again, flat and doesn't move your eye around the picture. But the drawing of the individual figures isn't bad at all.

As a whole, it makes you want to upchuck, but there's a little seed of hope there ;)

Where to begin? Start with the white dude on the left that got his head ran over. He's curling, i guess? Then you have the Iron Giant in the background, and the green guy who looks like a cross between Piccolo from Dragonball Z, and the alien from American Dad. The chick just removed her smoking fist from her buddies.. And the fearless leader, with the sweeping mullet, and bad attitude. All of this, and a pile of dead bodies, equals a winner. How the hell was this not a TV show??

21 different Spidermans. Im still searching the others that are missing and hope to complete this foreign and variant set by the years end. The most difficult and rare are the Turkish Editions. The numbered Turkish were free giveaways in the local Turkish newspaper printing and contained 8 pages each. Im still missing 9 other Spiderman versions and just snagged a Polish version but it will take a month or so with shipping.

I present you my 21 Spiderman #1s....

Top Row Left to Right

1 O Homem Arahnha 1 (Brazil)

2 Mega Marvel 3 (Sweden)

3 Hämähäkkimies 4 (Finland)

4 ASM 1 (Japan)

5 Spiderman 1 Mamouth (Greek)

6 Complete Spiderman 1 (UK)

7 Omnibus Spiderman 1 (Dutch)

Middle Row Left to Right

8 ÖRÜMCEK ADAM 1 #N(Turkey)

9 ÖRÜMCEK ADAM 1 #1(Turkey)