• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smallville Season Finale - Doomsday LSH

39 posts in this topic

You are certainly entitled to your opinion (flawed as it may be). Chloe has been the one consistent character throughout all 8 seasons. Fantastic Clark sidekick :headbang:

I think you might have Lana and Chloe mixed up :P

Chloe was fine until she quite suddenly went completely mental. This was first evidenced by her insane decision to taze the love of her life because she didn't believe him, she believed the INCREDIBLY OBVIOUSLY EVIL and profoundly creepy Davis, who had been stalking her ever since he first appeared.

In that moment the writers destroyed her character. The only thing that can save her now is retcon.

Well i'd have to say it was a sucktacular ending to a mediocre season.

I know a lot of people have said this was a great season but I thought it was a bit of a step backward after last season.

The only thing I really liked was that Chloe came full circle back to herself with the end of Davis Bloom.

Zod again?

Glad Tess and Chloe made it though it seems Tess didn't quite realize who she was working for.

Glad Hois is gone. Perhaps she could arrange to stay in the future forever.

Clark's switch to the black would have been great development 2 or 3 years ago...but at least this time it's not a meteor rock change. Kinda interested in seeing what happens next season...but kinda not.

Don't know that i'll jump on this unless it remains paired with Supernatural.

Chloe may be my favorite character of the show. Whatcha' got against a beautiful woman with brains?

she's a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed and she's hella annoying. meh

I dont think she Is as annoying as Lana was. I was hoping years ago they would get rid of her. She always had that miserable, crumpled up ( Ive got a bad case of hemmoroids ) looke on her face.

DRX

You know, this wasn't the best finale they ever had, I don't think. (The finale where the fortress was created was probably my fave.) I actually didn't like the direction of this, in some ways...

1. Did anyone else think it was weird Chloe, who was married to Jimmy, had to say "you must be Jimmy's little brother" to drive that plot point? I mean, you'd expect she'd have at least seen a picture.

2. I thought it seemed terribly odd to imply that in-continuity Jimmy Olsen is actually Something-Else Olsen who changes his name to "honor" his brother when he grows up, and he takes on his old profession. Kinda stalkerish. You'd think Supes would act more weird around him knowing that. Bad plot twist, imho. Better to send him off somewhere instead of killing the Jimmy character we've grown to know.

3. I'm not really sure I buy into standalone Davis being a psychopath on his own. It felt forced to me, and also kinda... predictable. What's worse is I don't really buy into Clark's reaction to all that either.

4. Zod was underwhelming. He was already a villain. Should be pretty easy just to Phantom Zone him, but I'm sure they'll drag it out forever until Doomsday digs himself out next season.

5. Clark wasn't sure how he got out of the pit before the bombs blew. You can fly, . He SHOULD be able to figure that out with the amount of Kryptonians he's been around.

On the bright side, Watchtower next season should be awesome. And Cassidy Freedman's character lived, which is good, because she is SUPREMELY hot. I've got a celeb-crush on her bad.

-Rob-

And Cassidy Freedman's character lived, which is good, because she is SUPREMELY hot. I've got a celeb-crush on her bad.

-Rob-

:cloud9:

At the end when she was running thru the halls in her nightgown my wife immediately turned to me and said 'stop looking at her boobs!'

I'm like, hey, they shouldn't put it on tv then.

:)

1. Did anyone else think it was weird Chloe, who was married to Jimmy, had to say "you must be Jimmy's little brother" to drive that plot point? I mean, you'd expect she'd have at least seen a picture.

-Rob-

This was explained when the priest said "Jimmy's" name at the eulogy...he clearly said Henry James Olsen. How much do you want to bet that the little brother's name is James "Something" Olsen? Thus becoming the "real" Jimmy Olsen.

-Rob-

This was explained when the priest said "Jimmy's" name at the eulogy...he clearly said Henry James Olsen. How much do you want to bet that the little brother's name is James "Something" Olsen? Thus becoming the "real" Jimmy Olsen.

Oh interesting! I didn't catch that!

-Rob-

This show is still on the air? Where do they hide it? I've never even caught a glimpse of it when on a furious fevered flicking fest.

Aren't the actors all in their mid 40's by now? hm

This was a disappointing season finale. The loose ends were tied up in the flimsiest way imaginable. A two hour season finale might have fleshed things out a bit more but too many outcomes were done with expediency in mind and not well thought out. I wish Lois would have had more this season and Cloe, who used to be one of my favorite characters is being given bad material. They need to do something dramatic next season, like bump the time up five or more years,

Yep... said his name was Henry James Olsen. So the "real" Jimmy, the little brother, is the James Bartholomew Olsen.

Apparently, DC Comics forced this issue due to the age issue (And to remain within canon.)

Yep... said his name was Henry James Olsen. So the "real" Jimmy, the little brother, is the James Bartholomew Olsen.

Apparently, DC Comics forced this issue due to the age issue (And to remain within canon.)

I noticed that too, and the red hair and the freckles, the age...but I've always thought of Chloe as a kind of Lucy Lane (although she's Lois's cousin, not sister)...they just kept confusing me with that legion ring.

Clark can't go back and fix the future AGAIN, because Lois has the ring...

I miss Lex...I think...and Lionel....who became the bad guy's father on Heroes.

I was wondering if the "black" kryptonite, also affected Clark

I've kept watching out of a sort of loyalty to Superboy, but it's getting harder to do. I loved DC when I was a kid and Superboy and Adventure comics were some of my favorites. I started buying them right around 1956-1957. I was a DC guy but they started changing around the same time Marvel began it's ascension and that ruined them for a time. But in their silver age heyday, they were the greatest.

5. Clark wasn't sure how he got out of the pit before the bombs blew. You can fly, . He SHOULD be able to figure that out with the amount of Kryptonians he's been around.

On the bright side, Watchtower next season should be awesome. And Cassidy Freedman's character lived, which is good, because she is SUPREMELY hot. I've got a celeb-crush on her bad.

-Rob-

Perhaps Lois came back from the future and saved him from DD's fate or took DD to the future and took care of him and then gave him amnesia since he wouldn't go along with that plan when the told him to do that himself.

BTW: Lois>>Tess

I was really hoping he would spend a season in the future with the LSH but I guess that would be too budget breaking.

I think the next season is due to be the last. Hopefully now we will see Clark step up.

This last season was ok (no Lana to turn it into The OC with x-ray vsion).

Looking forward to the Watchtower stuff.

And yes, Chloe shouldve known Jimmy's little brother.

Zod, yawn.

I get the feeling that the series will end right as Clark dons some glasses, becomes Superman and learns how to fly. I'm glad for the series, there were some very entertaining seasons, but I'm a bit old school and some of the changes and variations have been jarring. Still, I'm grateful for the series.

There were a few decent episodes this mid-season then went back to beyond wacky, I really would like to see the series end. Or improve substantially, but ending might be more realistic. :sorry:

I think Welling keeps renewing hoping that eventually he'll get tagged to replace Routh and be Supes in the movies.

I'm not sure. Apparently he doesn't want to wear the tights, which is a large part of the reason we still haven't seen it in Smallville.

In worse news, next season may not be the last. When Welling renewed, it was for 2 seasons. So he's set for 2 more. Will that happen? It's my favorite show, but I hope not.

-Rob-

EDIT: Also, Tess > Lois