• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ridiculously Rare DC Giveaways And Premiums
5 5

451 posts in this topic

A couple years ago I picked up a Superman comic that was attached to a Superman shirt as a promo. I think it was NASCAR related. Does a comic of that description sound familiar?

I'd have to check to find out the title if that isn't enough to jog your recall of the issue if you already are aware of it.

A couple years ago I picked up a Superman comic that was attached to a Superman shirt as a promo. I think it was NASCAR related. Does a comic of that description sound familiar ?

What's Nascar ???

Is it the Superman meets the Motorsport Champions comic ???

If so, I have it.

If not then I don't know what it is.

A couple years ago I picked up a Superman comic that was attached to a Superman shirt as a promo. I think it was NASCAR related. Does a comic of that description sound familiar ?

What's Nascar ???

Is it the Superman meets the Motorsport Champions comic ???

If so, I have it.

If not then I don't know what it is.

NASCAR = a certain kind of auto racing.

And I just checked and found the issue -- you nailed the title. thumbsup2.gif No need to worry about adding another comic to your search. smile.gif

Overstreet lists a Warlord comic giveaway with Remco in 1982.

There were a set of toys made by Remco for DC in 1982.

However someone on e-bay said none of them came with a comic, and he had the full set.

Can anyone solve this mystery ???

Another thing I wanna find out. I have a Batman Fruit of the Loom mini-comic, and if you flip it over there is a Superman one on the other side.

Are there more than one, or is it just a one-off ????

yet answer came there none

Ian, this site has some comics that I have'nt seen on the above lists including:

Blockbuster Video (1995)

USPS Celebrate The Century (1998)

Look under the Batman Promotional Comics

Batman Promos

The Celebrate the Century comics are on the list I posted. The list doesn't indicate that they are from the USPS, but it doesn call them Stamp Albums. There was only the one set of the Celebrate the Century comics from DC/USPS, so they've got to be the same books.

USPS Celebrate The Century (1998)

I've miraculously got the whole set of ten.

One is common

Two and three are hard to find

Four and five are rare

Six through ten are literally IMPOSSIBLE.

Well, not completely impossible. I bought the whole set from the USPS. They mailed them to me as each issue was printed. Maybe I was their only subscriber? smile.gif

BTW, I spotted a DC giveaway called "Pryzm". Has the DC logo on the cover. It seems to be based on the PlayStation II video game. Maybe came packaged with the game? It's a mini comic, about 4x6". I did a quick Google search but couldn't find an image to put up to show you. Anyway, it's from 2002, so I'd bet there's a good chance that you have it, but it wasn't on the list I posted or on the notes you added so I don't know for sure.

Perhaps you could post the whole list of promos that you know exist, or maybe just the list of those that you have?

Pryzm: Chapter One: The Dark Unicorn: In this fantasy action/adventure, Pryzm, a young winged unicorn, and Karrock, a tenacious old troll, seek the cause of a plague of dark magic that has corrupted the lands and twisted the inhabitants into hideous mutants. The unlikely duo use their spectacular magic powers to defend themselves and heal the mutant enemies they encounter on their journey, gradually cleansing the lands of the plague until at last they discover its perilous source. Pryzm: Chapter One: The Dark Unicorn is scheduled to release on PlayStation 2 June 11, 2002.

BTW, I spotted a DC giveaway called "Pryzm". Has the DC logo on the cover. It seems to be based on the PlayStation II video game. Maybe came packaged with the game? It's a mini comic, about 4x6". I did a quick Google search but couldn't find an image to put up to show you. Anyway, it's from 2002, so I'd bet there's a good chance that you have it, but it wasn't on the list I posted or on the notes you added so I don't know for sure.

I've never heard of it.

Where did you spot it ???

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps you could post the whole list of promos that you know exist, or maybe just the list of those that you have?

Eventually I will sort out a list. But right now all the giveaways are mixed in with the regular stuff. For example, all the Superman giveaways are mixed in with the assorted Superman one-shots.

Next time I do a complete cross check as I put a few months new comics back into the main collection all in order, I will slowly but surely write down each and every giveaway and preview.

Given the fact that the Superman/Bradman comic is listed in Overstreet at three dollars, and I happen to know there's only one copy in circulation in the whole world outside of the Bradman family, I don't think Overstreet's valuations can be relied on here at all.

Here it is folks.

Quite simply, THE rarest Superman comic ever printed by DC.

589a8b99a2338_356830-SUP_BRADjpg.jpg.7a65f97e3b890b9b54a545e7a43c07fa.jpg