• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ridiculously Rare DC Giveaways And Premiums
5 5

451 posts in this topic

Supergear definitely does exist. Al Stoltz of Basement Comix has 2, I believe. It has a white cover.

When I spoke to him, he said he only had a xerox of the comic and offered one to me but I said I'd rather wait for an original .....

He said he's never had an original copy.

He said he would pay $2000 for an original and that was a standing offer to the whole comic world.

Guess that dashes my hopes of picking one up for fifty bucks.

So Ian, in a situation like one with the Animaniacs book sitting there on line, do you bid, or just contact the seller for a direct sale? Assuming that it is legal according to Ebay rules.......

there aren't any bids yet.. so maybe the seller switches it to an agreed upon BIN at a set time and you scoop?

No need to reveal your tactics if you aren't comfortable.

And one final question, I am sure has been answered before, but are you continuing to collect all the current DC publications as they come out, or did you settle on a cutoff date?

Best of luck. thumbsup2.gif

I'm on a roll now. Guess what I just found on e-bay? Go to this link to find out!

Metarog.

I am gobsmacked !!!!!!

I have looked for this every day on e-bay.

The reason I never found it is that I typed in Animaniacs and Emergency, or Animaniacs and Red Cross, and the "/" symbol in the middle of it means that the way I typed it in would never have come up.

YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE WONDERFUL STAR.

Let the punishment bidding begin. devil.gif

27_laughing.gif

Are you continuing to collect all the current DC publications as they come out, or did you settle on a cutoff date?

Every single solitary one.

About a thousand a year, according to DC themselves.

I was impressed before,.....now I'm even MORE impressed! Carry on, Ian!

893applaud-thumb.gif

Supergear definitely does exist. Al Stoltz of Basement Comix has 2, I believe. It has a white cover.

There is a black and white pic of Spuergear in one of the older OS fat guides. I remember seeing the pic in several of them.

Timely

Too bad I did not meet you 6 months ago Ian, I had 40 Superman-Tims that I sold in one lot to a dealer!

How much did you get for them ???

I've been trying to not pay more than $100 each for them, which probably accounts for why I only have 21 out of the 93.

There is a black and white pic of Spuergear in one of the older OS fat guides. I remember seeing the pic in several of them.

Any chance of finding it and posting it up ???

Timely 350401-supergear.jpg

350401-supergear.jpg.1f999cfa33a51271e18813a331e1b05a.jpg

Edited by Timely

I was thinking the exact same thing.

It's not that the Superman Tims (apparently there are 94 not 93 as I thought) are all that rare, it's just that they only turn up in ones and twos. It's frustrating. I've found several for around $60 each, but wish I could find more. There's one joker on e-bay got one up now for $325 or something around that. Maybe the same person who forked over fifty grand for a Double Action 2 will buy it !!!!!!!

Well, here is an auction for a Swordquest 3. Although you will have to buy the game as well. These sometimes go for a lot of money as it is a fairly rare cartridge. I guess you could turn around and re-sell the game and make some of your money back.

Thanks but I'd already seen this one and was gonna bid.

The Waterworld games usually go for over two hundred. We won one already and when it arrived there was no comic in it, so you can imagine how THAT made me feel............