• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ridiculously Rare DC Giveaways And Premiums
5 5

451 posts in this topic

If I recall, it was a black & white flyer with a little bit of original comic art introducing the concept... but I can't say for sure as I sold most all of my 3,500 copies to Metropolis a few weeks ago.

Now I wonder why that made me laugh so much ???

By the way, I like your pic of the little man with the anvil falling on his head.

Even that made me laugh too.

acclaim.gif

(You can thank Beyonder for the avatar, btw. cloud9.gif )

There's been a lot of controversy lately over the Flash 1990 Giveaway which Overstreet lists in the promotional section as being a TV Brochure. I wrote to Paul Levitz, who replied "If I recall, it was a black & white flyer with a little bit of original comic art introducing the concept."

Has anyone on these boards ever seen one ????

It's been "absolutely fabulous" lately reading about which TV programs we like, what our pets look like, what we look like, what we all do for a living, etc etc etc, but I wish someone could answer this.

It's even got Metarog stumped.

If this exists it will turn up eventually. None of my sources has ever seen one since this was more of a CBS concept brochure with some art so this might not be found in comic book circles. Now has anybody heard of a "Superman at Bloomingdales" comic? 893frustrated.gif

Now has anybody heard of a "Superman at Bloomingdales" comic?

No. Why have you never mentioned it before ????

Well I don't know if it actually exists but someone told me they saw one years ago. I don't have a year or any other information on it so I'm throwing it out there to see if anybody has ever heard of it.

Now has anybody heard of a "Superman at Bloomingdales" comic?

No. Why have you never mentioned it before ????

Well I don't know if it actually exists but someone told me they saw one years ago. I don't have a year or any other information on it so I'm throwing it out there to see if anybody has ever heard of it.

Exactly one hit on it on Google...

Bloomingdales

sumo.gif

I've never heard of the Flash giveaway that was described earlier either.... confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Has any one seen or mentioned these? Toys r Us giveaway with 3 books in a plastic pack. First book is 'Tec 38 as u can see. The other 2 I don't know as I haven't opened it. I also got those DC samplers from 84. 1 copy of #1 and two copies of 2 & 3 if u need them.

tr.jpg

Now has anybody heard of a "Superman at Bloomingdales" comic? Exactly one hit on it on Google...

Bloomingdales

Well everything else on the list looks authentic. Could they mean one of those three Superman Christman 1940s editions ????? What year was Bloomingdales opened ??? I always thought those Christmas editions were from Macy's. I'd better dig out the one I have and look at it.

Has any one seen or mentioned these? Toys r Us giveaway with 3 books in a plastic pack. First book is 'Tec 38 as u can see. The other 2 I don't know as I haven't opened it.

Yeah they're quite easy to pick up. The white cover has Mr. Freeze on it and the purple cover is the first new-look Batgirl. I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head. There were similar ones from Blockbuster too.

Thanks for the link Warlord. There is another on that list that I have never heard of- Batman: Belt em for Safety. Sounds like it could be a seatbelt safety giveaway.

Any ideas?

I have a Supergirl that was put out by America Honda in co-op with The U.S Dept of

Transportation's national safety belt campaign. It's dated 84 and was given out at local

high school's.

Thanks for the link Warlord. There is another on that list that I have never heard of- Batman: Belt em for Safety. Sounds like it could be a seatbelt safety giveaway.

That'll be the Batman Onstar, Roger. There are supposed to be two, but I've only ever seen the one.

I have a Supergirl that was put out by America Honda in co-op with The U.S Dept of

Transportation's national safety belt campaign. It's dated 84 and was given out at local

high school's.

There are two different comics of those. One has Supergirl rescuing someone drowning in a car filling with water, and the second one has Supergirl and Humpty Dumpty on the cover. The first is around although not common, the second is much scarcer.

If this exists it will turn up eventually. None of my sources has ever seen one since this was more of a CBS concept brochure with some art so this might not be found in comic book circles.

Yes but it clearly DOES exist.

How do I begin to find it ??????

The copy of the very rare Man Of Steel Trade paperback Giveaway that was on e-bay had a minimum reserve of a thousand dollars, which I thought was ridiculous. My colleague who bids for me kept chipping away but we didn't secure it till it reached a thousand. Quite frankly I think it's extortion and it makes me feel sick to my stomach. Pure highway robbery !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The owner posted up on the Comics Price Guide forum about how rare it is, but that doesn't explain why they put it in at such a sickeningly nauseatingly high reserve of a thousand dollars, when it's only from the eighties. I mean it's hardly "Superman And The Great Cleveland Fire". Knowing I needed it towards completing my collection, I really feel I've been held to ransom. I either had to meet their reserve or else lose it, as Michael Browning, who has the only other copy I know about, said he wasn't selling his after all. I just feel really horrified by this. Especially as the blurb on e-bay suggested that they were gonna start it at an affordable price. It's ruined my week.

And before everyone accuses me of moaning again, what's this forum for if we can't air our grievances against an injustice ?????