• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ridiculously Rare DC Giveaways And Premiums
5 5

451 posts in this topic

I cannot BELIEVE how ridiculously high the "Superman And The Great Cleveland Fire" went for.

NEARLY $1600 IN LOW GRADE !!!!!!

Someone called Ziro put in a ridiculously high bid and I was so determined not to lose it that we were forced to bid too high.

It's only a one-page foldover. One sheet !!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know who this "Ziro" is ??????????

If it wasn't for him, I'd have got it for four hundred bucks.

Maybe somebody who knows you really WANT that book and knew you were going to bid an insanely high amount ? confused-smiley-013.gif

Aren't you worried that the more people know what books you are after the bigger the chance is that there's going to be a few slimebuckets that will try to snag it from under your nose to sell it to you later at a premium ? 893frustrated.gif

Maybe somebody who knows you really WANT that book and knew you were going to bid an insanely high amount ?

Aren't you worried that the more people know what books you are after the bigger the chance is that there's going to be a few slimebuckets that will try to snag it from under your nose to sell it to you later at a premium ?

Yes it worries me sick, and I'm convinced this is exactly what happened here.

Hence I want to find out who "Ziro" is.

"Know thine enemy"................

Maybe somebody who knows you really WANT that book and knew you were going to bid an insanely high amount ?

Aren't you worried that the more people know what books you are after the bigger the chance is that there's going to be a few slimebuckets that will try to snag it from under your nose to sell it to you later at a premium ?

Are the wheels in motion!? 893whatthe.gif

Don't worry.

There are other places than eBay.

Btw on your list; I've never noticed what grade you were looking for on those early expensive ones.

VFs? VGs? POSs?

If I ever see one I'll let you know.

I collect Marvel so you have no worries from me. gossip.gif

Btw on your list; I've never noticed what grade you were looking for on those early expensive ones.

VFs? VGs? POSs?

If I ever see one I'll let you know.

On the expensive ones .... Double Action 2, The Big Book Of Fun Comics, Detective 2, New Adventure 26, the lowest grade I can possibly find as long as it's still complete.

I'm at the worrying stage where, the more I publicise the ones I need, the more likely someone like this "Ziro" has of screwing me up on purpose.

also some sellers may shill very high if they know you need something of theres

Yes but if they're selling on e-bay, it's unlikely they'd be on these boards, as if they were, they would have already offered me the comic for sale.

I mean, purely as an example, Buzzy 70 in low grade lists for about ten bucks. If someone offered me one for five hundred (fifty times guide), I'd buy it, and there is NOBODY else in the whole wide world who'd pay more for that particular comic than I would, purely to fill the gap.

also some sellers may shill very high if they know you need something of theres

Yes but if they're selling on e-bay, it's unlikely they'd be on these boards, as if they were, they would have already offered me the comic for sale.

What if the seller didn't care much for your quest or was someone you "ticked" off in the past with your "hardcore-go-get-'em" brusque manner...this previous statement sort of exemplifies that...someone put up the "we're not worthy" emoticon please smirk.gif

I mean, purely as an example, Buzzy 70 in low grade lists for about ten bucks. If someone offered me one for five hundred (fifty times guide), I'd buy it, and there is NOBODY else in the whole wide world who'd pay more for that particular comic than I would, purely to fill the gap.

I don't collect DC's much less older books... waste of my time and money IMO...if I found one, I might get Metro or another big dealer involved as I can do without the drama of dealing with you directly and may be more equipped to deal with your idiosyncracies smile.gif

What if the seller didn't care much for your quest or was someone you "ticked" off in the past with your "hardcore-go-get-'em" brusque manner...this previous statement sort of exemplifies that...someone put up the "we're not worthy" emoticon please smirk.gif

bow.gif

Ziro isn't out to get you. If you check his bid history it appears he is a Superman collector and this is a case of you and he wanting the same item. Nothing more sinister than that.

What if the seller didn't care much for your quest or was someone you "ticked" off in the past with your "hardcore-go-get-'em" brusque manner...this previous statement sort of exemplifies that...someone put up the "we're not worthy" emoticon please.

I don't collect DC's much less older books... waste of my time and money IMO...if I found one, I might get Metro or another big dealer involved as I can do without the drama of dealing with you directly and may be more equipped to deal with your idiosyncracies

OH DEAR.

There's been a lot of controversy lately over the Flash 1990 Giveaway which Overstreet lists in the promotional section as being a TV Brochure. I wrote to Paul Levitz, who replied "If I recall, it was a black & white flyer with a little bit of original comic art introducing the concept."

Has anyone on these boards ever seen one ????

There's been a lot of controversy lately over the Flash 1990 Giveaway which Overstreet lists in the promotional section as being a TV Brochure. I wrote to Paul Levitz, who replied "If I recall, it was a black & white flyer with a little bit of original comic art introducing the concept."

It's been "absolutely fabulous" lately reading about which TV programs we like, what our pets look like, what we look like, what we all do for a living, etc etc etc, but I wish someone could answer this.

It's even got Metarog stumped.

It's been "absolutely fabulous" lately reading about which TV programs we like, what our pets look like, what we look like, what we all do for a living, etc etc etc, but I wish someone could answer this.

It's even got Metarog stumped.

You couldn't just say "bump"?

You couldn't just say "bump"?

No it's actually genuinely frustrating me that no-one can identify it properly

893scratchchin-thumb.gif If I recall, it was a black & white flyer with a little bit of original comic art introducing the concept... but I can't say for sure as I sold most all of my 3,500 copies to Metropolis a few weeks ago.

If I recall, it was a black & white flyer with a little bit of original comic art introducing the concept... but I can't say for sure as I sold most all of my 3,500 copies to Metropolis a few weeks ago.

Now I wonder why that made me laugh so much ???

By the way, I like your pic of the little man with the anvil falling on his head.

Even that made me laugh too.