• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Al Vasquez - Important Warning To The Community

18 posts in this topic

I wanted to provide some important information to our community regarding Al Vasquez, who resides in Brooklyn, New York, so that you may consider whether or not you wish to deal with him in any transactions.

Additionally, if you have had any negative experiences with him, please let me know.

I am representing several major well-known dealers who have had significant negative experiences with Mr. Vasquez. The transactions involved tens of thousands of dollars.

Mr. Vasquez, who has claimed to be a Detective within the New York Police Department, though all efforts I have undertaken (including having checks made with the NYPD) to verify this fact have been negative, has made repeated - and untrue - promises concerning collections he claims to own, overgraded books, sold restored books as unrestored and refused to return refundable deposits.

I have already been in touch with the Brooklyn District Attorney's Office and I am preparing a package of sworn affidavits to send to the prosecutors. A civil lawsuit will likely follow.

I will make more information available when I can. In the interim, if you have any connections to Mr. Vasquez and are willing to share information, and I will protect your identity if requested, please send me an e-mail at Mark@MarkZaid.com or call me at 202-498-0011.

I don't want to see any other collector/dealer within our community fall victim to the type of conduct that Mr. Vasquez has been engaging. Please proceed cautiously if you are contemplating buying or selling books to him.

He seems to be on Google... including a possible photo.

http://www.thechief-leader.com/news/2007/0427/news/010.html

Different person. For one thing, that Al Vasquez is a NYS Trooper, not a member of the NYPD. Different entities. Obviously, the name is not uncommon for the NYC region.

Oh dear lord, if he faces jail time for the impersonation dealio, he's going to have a rough go of it.

Bubba: So, whut you in fer?

Al: Ripping people off with comic books, and pretending to be a cop.

Bubba: Well, now you get to pretend your name is Betty. You shore got a purty mouth.

Oh dear lord, if he faces jail time for the impersonation dealio, he's going to have a rough go of it.

Bubba: So, whut you in fer?

Al: Ripping people off with comic books, and pretending to be a cop.

Bubba: Well, now you get to pretend your name is Betty. You shore got a purty mouth.

Let's hope.

-slym

Also, I believe Mr. Vasquez is in his late 30s, very early 40s age range. He is married. I do know his home address if someone is trying to identify him.

His full name is Alfredo Vasquez and he was born on August 17, 1962.