• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum Etiquet Did I spell etiquet right? Guess I didnt. Sue me!

459 posts in this topic

Cool hair

Cool leather jackets

Cool chick

Cool GA comics

Cool gold bullion stockpile

Cool name (like Roy is your real name anyway...)

Time to bring you DOWN poor-board-ettiquette guy!! :sumo:

:baiting:

Seriously though, if you weren't a hippie who gets locked up when he visits NYC, I'd be jealous... :insane:

Back on track, did we ever get a confession and apology from 'Mr Forum Nice Guy'? (shrug)

Probably too busy going around preaching enlightenment to other forum members and self promoting.

No apology is needed anyway, if they have a clear conscience, it's all good.

Seriously, something so little from inconsequential people doesn't mean that much anyway.

:applause:

Somebody obviously has an axe to grind. What's bothering you so much that you have to go on and on about it?

Tell me. It's obviously not "all good" if you have to go on about it after saying "it's all good" and "no apology needed"

:popcorn:

The whole deal is a lot less important then you might like to think Roy. I made a post about board etiquette in a thread about board etiquette. I had a few snarky comments like "self proclaimed nice guy" and "preaching enlightenment to other forum members and self promoting." because, well, it's true.

And really, it is inconsequential. Bad etiquette, apologies, whatever, aren't going to make my world stop spinning for a second. What you do is not important to me, it has no effect on my life. So recieving an apology really isn't that important, especially if you have a clear conscience. It's as simple as that. however, I do respect that you came here and made an apology.

I didn't PM you, because, as I said, it really had little importance to me. The post was really about manners, for evryone to think about, nothing else. Maybe you should try to figure out why it went much further then that with other folks.

I also made the post that "many would just buy more snake oil". I'll be honest. I think you can find a way to justify just about anything to yourself and sell it to others. That doesn't necessarily mean I dislike you, or wouldn't answer a PM asking for info or advice.

Even with all of that. It really doesn't matter that much to me, so I won't go on about it any more except to say, if I have an axe to grind, and decide it's worth wasting my time with - trust me I'll grind it.

I'm off to bed . Read a few pages , and , GEEZ ! , so Roy's out at a Con. , having a good time and maybe some drinks , PM'd a boardie to get some input on a book and forgot to THANK him ? (shrug) Really ...Geez ! ...PMS much ? :whistle:

B~

I'm off to bed . Read a few pages , and , GEEZ ! , so Roy's out at a Con. , having a good time and maybe some drinks , PM'd a boardie to get some input on a book and forgot to THANK him ? (shrug) Really ...Geez ! ...PMS much ? :whistle:

B~

Sounds like a little more than that.

Sometimes forums willfully create superstars, and there is always someone with the attributes and desire that wants to wear the cape, but then they don't like what they help create and feel like destroying the man.

Don't forget Roy like to drop his pants in your general direction so don't get all pissy because he asks you a question on the floor of a comic convention while partying and on his way to a costume convention that he sends you pictures so you can live vicariously thru him at the comiccon.

That is what you ask for and that is what you get.

I'm sure this will be great fodder for threads to come. :popcorn:

B~

You knew this was building up to a big cliff drop-off. But then again, it sounds like there is some history here leading to folks tolerating it more than once, and finally having a "Doctor Phil" thread to cleanse the soul. lol

Back on track, did we ever get a confession and apology from 'Mr Forum Nice Guy'? (shrug)

Probably too busy going around preaching enlightenment to other forum members and self promoting.

No apology is needed anyway, if they have a clear conscience, it's all good.

Seriously, something so little from inconsequential people doesn't mean that much anyway.

:applause:

Somebody obviously has an axe to grind. What's bothering you so much that you have to go on and on about it?

Tell me. It's obviously not "all good" if you have to go on about it after saying "it's all good" and "no apology needed"

:popcorn:

The whole deal is a lot less important then you might like to think Roy. I made a post about board etiquette in a thread about board etiquette. I had a few snarky comments like "self proclaimed nice guy" and "preaching enlightenment to other forum members and self promoting." because, well, it's true.

And really, it is inconsequential. Bad etiquette, apologies, whatever, aren't going to make my world stop spinning for a second. What you do is not important to me, it has no effect on my life. So recieving an apology really isn't that important, especially if you have a clear conscience. It's as simple as that. however, I do respect that you came here and made an apology.

I didn't PM you, because, as I said, it really had little importance to me. The post was really about manners, for evryone to think about, nothing else. Maybe you should try to figure out why it went much further then that with other folks.

I also made the post that "many would just buy more snake oil". I'll be honest. I think you can find a way to justify just about anything to yourself and sell it to others. That doesn't necessarily mean I dislike you, or wouldn't answer a PM asking for info or advice.

Even with all of that. It really doesn't matter that much to me, so I won't go on about it any more except to say, if I have an axe to grind, and decide it's worth wasting my time with - trust me I'll grind it.

So what you are saying is that you added a post regarding forum etiquette, because this is what the thread is about and things may have been taken much further then necessary? That NEVER happens here. :P

And I am trying to figure out how I can make your last statement into my new sig line. (worship)

:censored: I wasted my 12,000th post in this POS of a thread :mad:

Your first 11,999 posts were a waste, so what's the difference? (shrug)

11,997 were not wasted. But the 2 :takeit: I threw out in your sales thread we can chalk up to wasted posts :baiting:

That's just plain mean...have you no etiquette? :(

:censored: I wasted my 12,000th post in this POS of a thread :mad:

Your first 11,999 posts were a waste, so what's the difference? (shrug)

11,997 were not wasted. But the 2 :takeit: I threw out in your sales thread we can chalk up to wasted posts :baiting:

That's just plain mean...have you no etiquette? :(

Dont EVEN get me started :makepoint: :makepoint:

B~

Sounds like a little more than that.

It is a little more than that. I deleted quite a few pm messages over the weekend as I cleared out my inbox.

You see everyone has a different idea of what is acceptable and what is not.

I have a lot of people on here that I consider friends (and they consider me a friend too). They have no problem ending a pm and deleting it when our conversation is done. I've never felt cross by it and never had them tell me they were offended.

As I said, I'm sorry and it won't happen again.

R.

Cool hair

Cool leather jackets

Cool chick

Cool GA comics

Cool gold bullion stockpile

Cool name (like Roy is your real name anyway...)

Time to bring you DOWN poor-board-ettiquette guy!! :sumo:

:baiting:

Seriously though, if you weren't a hippie who gets locked up when he visits NYC, I'd be jealous... :insane:

No gold bullion (I wish), and it's Radovan to you.

:sumo: