• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in your Bronze Variants collection

503 posts in this topic

I pick up the white UPC marvels out of dollar boxes anytime I can. They are definately some kind of variant.. There are a couple of opinions on this, but I say it is a Whitman variant.

Pre-1980, it's definitely a Whitman.

HTD 3 and Eternals 1 seem to be the most common of all 30 cent variants

While I can see the resemblance, Eternals 1 isn't even in the same ZIP Code as HTD 3.

You are probably right. I never thought to count all the auctions I tracked, and am not about to go back and try. I can say this for sure: in my experience, Eternals 1 is the second most common 30 cent variant that I have noticed since beginning to collect variants.

I just looked at the Hoard tonight. I actually have more Eternals 1's than I currently have of HTD 3's on hand. That in itself is kind of odd, because at one time I had over 25 copies of the HTD 3 :o

HTD 3 and Eternals 1 seem to be the most common of all 30 cent variants

(thumbs u

I have seen a full long box of HTD 3 variants.

lol I've seen that same long box, along with three others next to it, all full of the same freakin' variant. These things happen when someone pays off a distributor.

I was sure I had snagged one given that the Inhumans 5 in the dollar box was a 30 center and the #6 was a 25 center, but I see only #4 and #6 are listed as 30 cent variants. What the heck is my #5 then, did the whole run go to 30 cents for one issue and then revert back to 25 cents?

I was sure I had snagged one given that the Inhumans 5 in the dollar box was a 30 center and the #6 was a 25 center, but I see only #4 and #6 are listed as 30 cent variants. What the heck is my #5 then, did the whole run go to 30 cents for one issue and then revert back to 25 cents?

Yes