• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mego Super-hero dolls from Marvel/DC

100 posts in this topic

I picked up an extra WonderGirl to try to trade towards a carded aqualad :wishluck:

teentitans.jpg

Those TT's are extra cool . Must be very rare. Never seen them. (thumbs u

Rick , how did you know to keep those in the box at that age ? I assumed that you had acquired them over the last several years.

I mean , I blew my Spider-man up w/ firecrackers , sent my Thor to the moon w/ a combo bottle-rocket / Roman -Candle , and buried my Cap about 6 ft. under. lol

I picked up an extra WonderGirl to try to trade towards a carded aqualad :wishluck:

teentitans.jpg

Rick , how did you know to keep those in the box at that age ? I assumed that you had acquired them over the last several years.

I mean , I blew my Spider-man up w/ firecrackers , sent my Thor to the moon w/ a combo bottle-rocket / Roman -Candle , and buried my Cap about 6 ft. under. lol

what is funny, is my son (posing in the photo) is actually almost as knowledgable about megos as I am lol

I am reliving my childhood through him...

I still have some of my original megos, with chewed off hands, etc... but, that is what makes collecting them fun, trying to find them in original, unopened/unplayed with condition.... much like collecting comics, part of the thrill is the hunt

teentitans.jpg

Hooks, sometimes you are thicker than the Beijing phonebook.

carded CAH in the day were common, but today, very difficult to still find in the package

megocomics001.jpg

I remember getting a lot of those back in the 1970's I still remember getting some with my grandma at a Kresge's in Adrian, MI. I sold them at a Fall Motor City show about 12 years ago. (They weren't in the packages as I played with them as a kid. ) I had Batman, Green Goblin, Aquaman and a few others.

Cool!

I still have my Mego Batman, Robin, Penguin, Joker, Riddler, Soldier Ape and Astronaught. (They're in the attic with GI Joe, the Lone Ranger, Six Million Dollar Man... you get the picture.) The rubberbrand broke in some of them and I had my mom redo them. So, my Riddler happens to be very pliable. lol

My younger brother has Spidey, Hulk and a few others.

I did have another type when I was younger. It was the Mummy from Universal Movies and the head glowed in the dark. It broke years ago and I think mom threw it out. Anyone have a picture of that one?

Wow, Detective27Kid , I was already in awe of your books, now you whip these out too? The breadth of your collection is simply stunning. (worship)

Yes it be Beau ! :applause:

triple that. :golfclap:

I remember having that little star trek plastic enterprise console with the spinning transporter. Spock and Kirk got lots of spins in that. Wish I still had em. :sorry:

I also vividly recall seeing the monster dolls (drac, wolfman, etc) in all the major department stores, and wishing I could afford one.

Some cool stuff there, indeed.

monstersback.jpg

Thanks, I should've read further. I had that Mummy one. I wanted the Wolfman but it didn't happen.

teentitans.jpg

:roflmao::roflmao:

teentitans.jpg

:roflmao::roflmao:

My side hurts! :roflmao:

Wow, Detective27Kid , I was already in awe of your books, now you whip these out too? The breadth of your collection is simply stunning. (worship)
why thank you.... I can't help it, I am addicted to superheroes (have all the statues too lol ) :)

Everything you "whip out" is impressive, to say the least. :o

teentitans.jpg

Why thank you Sean. meh

:gossip:...He got me there. He's gonna be up all night giggling about that one.

Gosh , how I've missed you ! :hi:

monstersback.jpg

Thanks, I should've read further. I had that Mummy one. I wanted the Wolfman but it didn't happen.

Definitely the coolest of the Mego toys. The superheroes are nice, the Star Trek and Planet of the Apes toys are nicer, but these Universal Monster dolls are the best. Any pictures of them out of the box? My brother had Dracula and I had Frankenstein. Am I remembering incorrectly that they had glow in the dark hands?

I also remember having the Abominable Snowman and my brother had The Fly (from the old movie), but those probably were not Megos, although they were the same size.

Cool stuff ...

Ron

so out of all of the hero Megos which one is the easy hoe of the bunch???...

like a Wolverine mini series #1 there are an absurd number of them and are cheap???

I always wanted the few that I had as a kid in decent condition still in the bubble

(spiderman, hulk and captain america)

hm